Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Sarah Palin: Reagan In A Dress 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    A STRONGER AMERICA THROUGH OUR 1ST FEMALE PRESIDENT. NO APOLOGIES.

CNN commentator Jack Cafferty summarized the conclusion of the mainstream media by stating that former Governor Sarah Palin, "won't have the same impact if she doesn't carry the mantle of governor of Alaska....she becomes...a thumbsucker."

In a related story, on September 30, 2009, Sarah Palin's memoir Going Rogue shattered records by hitting number one at Amazon and Barnes & Noble...48 days before the book even hits shelves. Not bad for a thumbsucker. To put it in perspective, at the time Sarah's book catapulted to the top of the bestseller list, it didn't even have a cover and hadn't even been edited yet.

One might begin to wonder how Cafferty can be so clueless and still keep his job -- even if it is on a network that just became a laughingstock by fact-checking a Saturday Night Live skit in defense of their beloved Obama. But the truth is that Cafferty is merely mimicking the uncontrolled Palin-derangement that plagues the entire left-wing old media.

Since the moment she burst onto the national scene, there has been an unparalleled effort amongst the so-called sophisticated elites to destroy Sarah Palin. Unparalleled, but not unprecedented.

In the 1970s, the dominant left feared the rise of another radical right-wing governor of a western state -- you might remember his name: Ronald Reagan -- and they utilized a full arsenal of tactics to try to slow his meteoric rise. Comparing their words and actions then to their current anti-Palin crusade now is stunning.

First, the media attempted to downplay Reagan's intellect. They called him a buffoon, an empty suit, dim. They said this despite Reagan's articulate approach to issues and his effective leadership of the country's most populous state. Surely no one needs to be reminded of the Tina Fey parodies, the New York Times' references to "Caribou Barbie," or Newsweek's declaration that Palin was an "ill-informed, inarticulate, shopaholic" to see how little has changed in the left's playbook. They said all this of Palin despite her breadth of knowledge on key domestic issues like energy and her effective leadership of the country's largest state.

The old media also denounced Reagan as unqualified. He was just a "B-movie actor" who spent more time focusing on campus athletics at his second-rate college than he did academics. That sounds startlingly similar to CNN's Fareed Zakaria who wrote, "Sarah Palin is utterly unqualified to be vice president," and other left-wing media sources that scoffed at her degree from the "substandard" University of Idaho. The parallels don't end there:

Reagan was the target of ageism (New York Times Magazine in 1976 proclaimed Reagan "too old to run"), while Palin is the target of sexism (the Today Show, Washington Post, and PBS all suggested Palin should be staying home with her kids).

Reagan was proclaimed politically dead after his term as governor ended (Newsweek in a 1971 piece called "Ronald Reagan's Slow Fade" said that Sacramento would "mark the end of Ronald Reagan's political road"), while Palin has been labeled finished after resigning the governorship of Alaska (David Shuster on MSNBC prophesied, "I've said it before, I'll say it again, Sarah Palin will never recover from this....she has no future")...

Reagan was termed a radical (columnist John Coyne wrote, "Reagan seems somewhat out of step with the new political stirrings"), while Palin is called a right-wing nut (columnist Jonathan Alter lamented, "She is a far-right conservative who...thinks global warming is a hoax and backs the teaching of creationism in schools").

Reagan used TV and radio appearances to address fundamental issues of the day without having to worry about his words going through the filter of the liberal media. Palin is accomplishing the same thing through her utilization of Facebook, Twitter, and the new media.

Is it possible these are nothing but coincidences? Sure. But perhaps they're not.

Try as they might, the left ended up completely impotent in their efforts to dampen the American public's fascination and admiration of Reagan. As Palin chooses which of her more than 1,100 speaking offers to accept, packs venues and sells out banquets, watches her book soar to unmatched sales numbers, curries political favors from Republican Party officials for lending her star power to their events, and uses her charisma -- unrivaled on the right -- to build momentum towards 2012, perhaps the mainstream media helplessly sees the writing on the wall.

http://governorpalin4president.blogs...-in-dress.html
    Last edited by megimoo; 10-12-2009 at 10:43 AM.

Reagan would have never resigned as Governor

I don't see it. While I don't buy the "dumb as a box of rocks" promoted by the left wing media, I have listened to her speak and do not see her as Reagan's equal.

She did some good things as gov of Alaska. But Alaska while huge geographically is tiny population wise.

I suspect she IS done at the national level. Now, based on her track record it is possible she could be elected Senator from Alaska. Though that will be tougher since she resigned as governor. Has to explain that move and how she won't do the same if the heat starts in the senate.

If she serves 4 years in the Senate then perhaps there is a national role left in her. But not without service in DC at a level below POTUS.

(Of course the fact Obama was LESS qualified than Palin is irrelevant to the issue)

Reagan was a politician many years before he became president.

I love how threatened the left are by her.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by expat-pattaya View Post
    I don't see it. While I don't buy the "dumb as a box of rocks" promoted by the left wing media, I have listened to her speak and do not see her as Reagan's equal.

She did some good things as gov of Alaska. But Alaska while huge geographically is tiny population wise.

I suspect she IS done at the national level. Now, based on her track record it is possible she could be elected Senator from Alaska. Though that will be tougher since she resigned as governor. Has to explain that move and how she won't do the same if the heat starts in the senate.

If she serves 4 years in the Senate then perhaps there is a national role left in her. But not without service in DC at a level below POTUS.

(Of course the fact Obama was LESS qualified than Palin is irrelevant to the issue)
    Every poll that I've seen that includes her as a possible Presidential candidate she has won handily .People are angry and distrust either national party with the liberal Democrats being the least trusted and absolutely feared and hated by the Senior Citizens.

The Republicans aren't much better with that traitorous McCain,Lindsey,Snow and the rest of the RINO'S kissing liberals asses at every opportunity .

The Liberal media whine about some Republicans being too far to the right but ignore the anti Constitutional Liberal who are too far to the left !

There isn't a single critter in high office in either party who I would vote for this term except Palin,If she runs.

If I had my way the entire Congress would be run out of office never to serve again .If we can survive that Communistic Idiot in the White House we will be,as an nation,very,very fortunate !

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    I love how threatened the left are by her.
    Which I don't understand.
    She quit. She's done on a national level.
    So why are they still afraid??
    It doesn't make sense.
    If leftists didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards at all.

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post

Every poll that I've seen that includes her as a possible Presidential candidate she has won handily .People are angry and distrust either national party with the liberal Democrats being the least trusted and absolutely feared and hated by the Senior Citizens.

The Republicans aren't much better with that traitorous McCain,Lindsey,Snow and the rest of the RINO'S kissing liberals asses at every opportunity .

The Liberal media whine about some Republicans being too far to the right but ignore the anti Constitutional Liberal who are too far to the left !

There isn't a single critter in high office in either party who I would vote for this term except Palin,If she runs.

If I had my way the entire Congress would be run out of office never to serve again .If we can survive that Communistic Idiot in the White House we will be,as an nation,very,very fortunate !
    I am a realist. Most of the media hates her. They will try, and very subtly and overtly, to convince Americans she is both stupid and radical. I believe they can succeed because she doesn't play the game well enough.

Unless you wish to see a string of D commies in the whitehouse you will need to embrace the fact that only a right/center candidate can win from the GOP.

I am a realist. Most of the media hates her. They will try, and very subtly and overtly, to convince Americans she is both stupid and radical. I believe they can succeed because she doesn't play the game well enough.

Unless you wish to see a string of D commies in the whitehouse you will need to embrace the fact that only a right/center candidate can win from the GOP.
    Agreed. There's no way Obama's losing to Sarah Palin.
    When life hands you lemons, make your husband a lemonade.

Reagan wasn't right center - and the press painted him as stupid . . . .
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.