GOP Pins 2010 Hopes on ... Pelosi
"She is One Very Tough,Very Ancient Old Broad !"
"This is Pelosi's moment," says the Chronicle's Carolyn Lochhead, adding that the speaker's path is littered with those who underestimated her "intelligence and toughness." ..."Oh Barf"

(Oct. 12) -- If Republicans end up scoring gains in next year's mid-term elections, they might have the top Democrat in the House to thank.

A key part of the GOP's 2010 strategy is to link Democratic candidates in conservative or moderate districts to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, according to the Wall Street Journal. The report cites a recent poll that found 44 percent of all respondents -- and 53 percent of independents -- have negative feelings about Pelosi, who's long been portrayed by critics as the quintessential "San Francisco liberal."

The National Republican Congressional Committee started turning up the heat last week, after Pelosi questioned Gen. Stanley McChrystal's call for more troops in Afghanistan. An NRCC statement mocked the speaker as "General Pelosi" and urged McChrystal to "put her in her place." Pelosi's response: "I'm in my place. I'm ... the first woman speaker of the House, and I'm in my place because the House of Representatives voted me here."

She suggested the jab about "her place" was sexist.
"She's Much Too Old To Charge Anyone,With Any Self Respect with Sexism !!"

Her hometown newspaper, the San Francisco Chronicle, acknowledges Pelosi is "disliked "(Hated)" by most Americans" and has become the GOP's "favorite foil."
snip

http://news.aol.com/article/the-poin...n-nancy/713834