Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Crybaby Dem Tries To Oust Fox From Gym. 
    Democratic gym patron declares war on Fox News
    She wants channel off TVs in exercise room

By Larry Carson | larry.carson@baltsun.com

September 25, 2009

Ann Geddes doesn't want a "fair and balanced" workout. But the 49-year-old worker for a nonprofit agency is having no luck getting the channel changed in front of her favorite rowing machine at a Columbia gym.

The television happens to be tuned permanently to Fox News. Geddes, a liberal Democrat and former legislative aide to a Howard County delegate, said she can't stomach the conservative lineup that appears nightly as she gets her exercise. Even though the sound is off, the words scrolling across the bottom of the screen infuriate her.

"It makes my blood pressure go up," she said.

Befitting the democratic (with a small "d") pedigree of a planned community founded on the principle of races and classes living side by side, Geddes has taken her complaint up the chain of command, from the attendant at the gym run by the Columbia Association to the new president of the giant homeowners' group.

She's had no success. Now she's going public.

Columbia Association officials say they won't heed Geddes' request to remove Fox from the cable lineup. In order to provide choices and eliminate squabbling among patrons, they say that every gym monitor is tuned to a particular station and can't be changed. Of the 40 large-screen televisions in the general exercise rooms in Columbia's three gyms, three are set to receive Fox.

"There is no way that we can stop showing one channel because of one person," said Phil Nelson, the president of the homeowner's group, in a written response to Geddes' request.

(snip)

Geddes said she's feeling brushed off and doesn't accept the explanation from association officials that Fox is the highest-rated cable news channel. She says that can't be the case in liberal-leaning Columbia, and she insists she is not giving up.

"When it became really upsetting to me was this summer with all the town hall meetings," she said. "I literally just close my eyes, but the problem I have frankly is, I see out of the corner of my eye. You can't help peeking," she said.
    Freedom lovers might want to drop management a line and congratulate them for holding the line against this whiny Dem.

Baltimore Sun

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Freedom lovers might want to drop management a line and congratulate them for holding the line against this whiny Dem.

Baltimore Sun
    The whole world rises and sets on her liberal butt !

two questions.....What's her DU name and how long before we see a bouncy about this story?
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Typical leftist. She doesn't want it so everyone else MUST conform to what she wants because she knows best.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

take note of the receptors in the liberal brain directed towards media.
    ...Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Megaguns91 View Post

take note of the receptors in the liberal brain directed towards media.
    LOL! :D

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    She must be a DU member...

Of the 40 large-screen televisions in the general exercise rooms in Columbia's three gyms, three are set to receive Fox.
    Cry me a fucking river nitwit. You're a whiny liberal attention whore and nothing else.
    :D Sorry dumbass, but the world doesn't revolve around your pointy widdle head.

Moron.
    May the FORCE be with you!

The orthopaedic surgeon always has CNN running on the set in the waiting room. I don't whine to the nurses to change it.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Can i get BSNBC off the army hospital channels? How about the Communist News Networkl? May I suggest the legacy ABC, CBS, NBC,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Oh heck, let's just include AP and all the rest of the lying liberal scumbag media. Newspapers and magazines as well.

Like how that plays out you DIMwitted liberal idiot?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

The TV's where I work out play CNN. Only two screens there . You get 40. Suck it up, lady.

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.