Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    But living under HOA control has to be hellish. Everyone in your business all the time. My sister lives in a place with an active HOA and her neighbor, who got himself elected president of it, is a busybody who bugs the shit out of everyone. He gives out "citations" if he doesn't like how you mowed your grass.
    It's a trade-off. My BFF lives in one of the most structured HOAs in the state. They made her replace all her front window coverings because she had chosen a small pattern and patterns were not allowed on window coverings that faced the street. She cannot plant any tree other maples in her front yard because all the streets are named after trees and only the street name tree may be planted in the front. :eek:

She loves it. She loves the pools and the spa and the gym facilities. She loves the security patrols and the amenities the residents get (need your prescription picked up when you're sick? They do that for you). It's gorgeous and safe. You just can't play fast and loose with your home exterior. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    But living under HOA control has to be hellish. Everyone in your business all the time. My sister lives in a place with an active HOA and her neighbor, who got himself elected president of it, is a busybody who bugs the shit out of everyone. He gives out "citations" if he doesn't like how you mowed your grass.
    You would have to pay me to live there! I live on a house privately built estate (although not in one of the gated sections) and just about the only condition there is is that we can't keep chickens (or any livestock) which given the location is not unreasonable. Though it has to be said that I am quite tempted to get a couple of chickens. :D

I just got to say that I love the made-up word "Whitopia". It is just too funny, it sounds like something my best friend would say about Oakland County (which, incidentally, has lots of black people).

It's called FREE association...

Get it?
    That's what happens in FREE societies, people choose where and with whom they live...:mad:
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

For the times that I have lived in town I have lived in the black areas. I prefer them and if I moved back into town again I would live in a black area. The area I live in now was were a lot of the black people came to settle after the Tulsa riots. On the end of my property are the ruins from the foundation for the old black school or colored school as it was called then. I've had elderly people stop by and ask me to see the foundation, they went to school there. A third of a mile from me is a little black church. Every Sunday they come for service and stay and have lunch, for them church lasts all day. I found an old map of my area and before the new names they called it Negro hills.

Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    Then set an example for all of us and move to Detroit.

Anyway, your government is hard at work fixing this 'problem' for us all.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...g.3b5be2c.html

WTF??? It's like school busing all over again...
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    It's called FREE association...

Get it?
    That's what happens in FREE societies, people choose where and with whom they live...:mad:
    Can you believe that to some people this idea is unreasonable....like everyone in your government..
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bijou View Post
    You would have to pay me to live there! I live on a house privately built estate (although not in one of the gated sections) and just about the only condition there is is that we can't keep chickens (or any livestock) which given the location is not unreasonable. Though it has to be said that I am quite tempted to get a couple of chickens. :D
    My sister just got a couple of cluckers. They're great ... eggs every day. The live in an "eggloo" at the bottom of her garden. Noise is only a problem if you have a boy chicken in the roost, apparently.

/threadjack

Quote Originally Posted by stsinner View Post
    Can you believe that to some people this idea is unreasonable....like everyone in your government..
    For the hand-wringing and all the tears for "equality", the dirty little secret is, people will generally live and "hang out" with their own race.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    My sister just got a couple of cluckers. They're great ... eggs every day. The live in an "eggloo" at the bottom of her garden. Noise is only a problem if you have a boy chicken in the roost, apparently.

/threadjack
    The "boy" chicken is called a ROOSTER :D

+1:eek:
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot