1. #1 Send Karl Rove To Jail - Petition Here 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Another DU Wet Dream...

The OP is well named. :D

lame54 (1000+ posts) Sat Jul-19-08 04:53 PM
    Original message
    SEND KARL ROVE TO JAIL - PETITION HERE
    Advertisements [?]http://sendkarlrovetojail.com/?utm_source=rgemail
    This sounds like a dream, doesn't it? Well, it's not. We have a unique opportunity right now to send Karl Rove to jail, but only if we take immediate action.
    All we have to do is pressure the 40 members of the House Judiciary Committee, make them hold Rove in contempt and send him to jail. We've never had such a direct opportunity to hold Rove accountable. No, this is not enough punishment for his years and years of crimes, but it's a huge start, and will send a very clear message to the entire Bush administration.

UPDATE 2:40PM ET: 20k+ signatures, and Don Siegelman just challenged McCain to compel Rove to testify.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Another DU Wet Dream...

The OP is well named. :D
    Another Moonbat circle jerk in the works

If only these people had real lives to live.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

So, to send people to jail now we just need a petition? No formal charges, no evidence, no trial in front of a jury of peers? Just a petition?

Did I miss a memo?
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

Nunov Yurbiznez signed 1 minute ago.

No formal charges, no evidence, no trial in front of a jury of his peers! Yes! We should send more people to jail like this! Screw the Constitution!
    I kill me!
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

Quote Originally Posted by Space Gravy View Post
    So, to send people to jail now we just need a petition? No formal charges, no evidence, no trial in front of a jury of peers? Just a petition?

Did I miss a memo?
    Yes. the Moonbats new justice system; if enough Moonbats don't like you, they send you to prison. If none of the Moonbats don't like you, they have you excuted. No trial, no lawyer, no jury ... just a court of insane public opion where the mad judge the sane.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Gravy View Post

Did I miss a memo?
    Well, yeah. People may be imprisoned without charges, without evidence, and without a jury trial... just ask Judith Miller. What it takes is a finding of contempt of court, which requires only a judge's ruling and is subject to none of the typical safeguards used to protect the rights of defendants in criminal proceedings.

Congress, too, has arrogated to itself the right to imprison people without charge (or adversary proceeding) on a finding of contempt. However, this power hasn't actually been used since the 1930s, the reason being that the contempt of Congress facility was unsatisfactory in many ways (it required the full house of Congress to stop work on other matters to take up the contempt citation, punishment could not extend beyond the end of the current Congressional session, and others), so legislators passed a statute creating contempt of Congress as a federal criminal offense, and nowadays contempt citations are referred to the U.S. attorney for proceedings as any other criminal matter.

But back in the old days, Congress could direct its Sergeant-at-Arms to find and arrest somebody charged with contempt. Again, this power has gone unused for the better part of a century, but there's no legal reason why it couldn't be dusted off and invoked. That's what the DUmmies are after.

i don't know if there's any merit to the claim that Rove is in contempt of Congress (I suspect not), and I seriously doubt that either Pelosi or Reid is so stupid as to abuse power in such an obviously partisan way, but at least now you understand what the DUmmies are howling for. Next time you hear someone use the phrase "inherent contempt", you'll know what he means, so you can laugh at him more effectively.

Wonder how badly freeped their nearly 100,000 (yeah, right!) names are.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

Hmmm, justice by petition. How quaint.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

I have nothing but contempt for Congress. Would anyone object if I call a couple bikers to enforce that complaint. That sounds about right. A couple of serious bikers against 535 politicians. My money is on the two bikers.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Hmmm, justice by petition. How quaint.
    Here's a fresh thread

maddezmom DU Moderator (1000+ posts)
    Tue Jul-22-08 02:08 PM
    Original message
    Pressure builds to send Karl Rove to jail Updated at 6:58 PM

Pressure builds to send Karl Rove to jail
    With the House Judiciary Committee planning a hearing Friday on the Bush administration's use of executive privilege, public pressure is building to urge the committee to jail Karl Rove, the Bush White House political maestro.

A coalition of organizations gathered 80,000 signatures on a petition calling on the committee to hold Rove in contempt for his refusal to obey its subpoena. Brave News Films, author of an earlier Internet effort to kick Joseph Lieberman out of the Democratic Party after his endorsement of Republican John McCain, released its petition, Send Karl Rove to Jail, in hopes of compelling Rove to testify under oath about his involvement in the prosecution of former Alabama Gov. Don Siegelman.

more: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/presidentbush/2008/07/a...
    Oh noes, 80,000 signatures on an on-line petition!!!