Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Dobson shifts positions, may endorse McCain 
    Dobson shifts positions, may endorse McCain

Conservative Christian leader James Dobson has softened his stance against Republican presidential hopeful John McCain, saying he could reverse his position and endorse the Arizona senator despite serious misgivings.

"I never thought I would hear myself saying this," Dobson said in a radio broadcast to air Monday. "... While I am not endorsing Senator John McCain, the possibility is there that I might."

In an advance copy provided to The Associated Press, Dobson said that while neither candidate is consistent with his views, McCain's positions are closer by a wide margin.
    I'm not a big Dobson fan but I think this might be significant. Opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    Dobson shifts positions, may endorse McCain

I'm not a big Dobson fan but I think this might be significant. Opinions?
    I think it could be very significant, as many conservatives listen to Dr. Dobson. McCain needs to consolidate his position with conservatives.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS -THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR
    GO ROYALS NOW

Goldwater
    Nah, I don't think endorsements ever do much really, maybe it helps him in events and if he campaigned for him... But otherwise, no difference.

Beaten Last Dead Horse
    I think Dr. Dobson should WAIT until McCain officially selects his VP running mate before deciding whether or not to endorse McCain.

If McCain ends up selecting a true conservative, such as Governor Haley Barbour of Mississippi, as his VP, then Dobson should immediately endorse the ticket.

However if McCain decides to select a pro-abortion 'moderate', like Massachusetts Liberal Flip Romney, Tom Ridge, the 'Pro-Choice Evangelical' - Condi Rice, or even another phony Republican liberal, Colin Powell, then Dr.Dobson should publicly repudiate the McCain-Liberal ticket, altogether.

I, personally, intend to do just that. McCain's VP pick will send a CLEAR signal to conservatives, as to which direction he intends to take the Republican Party, as a whole. And if that direction is further to the left, then count me OUT of the McCain camp.

I WILL USE McCain's VP pick as a LITMUS TEST for whether or not he gets my vote this November. John McCain MUST select a SOCIAL CONSERVATIVE as his VP running mate, or he will LOSE my vote this November.

And I DON'T apologize!

Goldwater
    Mike you've said this like 40 times, we get it, you're going to decide who to vote for on the meaningless position of VP (especially if he/she is old). :D

Quote Originally Posted by mike128 View Post
    I WILL USE McCain's VP pick as a LITMUS TEST for whether or not he gets my vote this November. John McCain MUST select a SOCIAL CONSERVATIVE as his VP running mate, or he will LOSE my vote this November.
    And I DON'T apologize!
    Uh, right. Heard that before, and often. But, just remember, if Obama gets in by one vote in your state, you will be apologizing for four years.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    I think Dr. Dobson should WAIT until McCain officially selects his VP running mate before deciding whether or not to endorse McCain.

If McCain ends up selecting a true conservative, such as Governor Haley Barbour of Mississippi, as his VP, then Dobson should immediately endorse the ticket.

However if McCain decides to select a pro-abortion 'moderate', like Massachusetts Liberal Flip Romney, Tom Ridge, the 'Pro-Choice Evangelical' - Condi Rice, or even another phony Republican liberal, Colin Powell, then Dr.Dobson should publicly repudiate the McCain-Liberal ticket, altogether.

I, personally, intend to do just that. McCain's VP pick will send a CLEAR signal to conservatives, as to which direction he intends to take the Republican Party, as a whole. And if that direction is further to the left, then count me OUT of the McCain camp.

And I DON'T apologize!

Apparently you have never actually looked at McCain's pro life record. It is nearly spotless.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I think it could be very significant, as many conservatives listen to Dr. Dobson. McCain needs to consolidate his position with conservatives.
    Agreed. Although I don't watch or listen to him, he has a huge audience and his endorsement is a plus.

Beaten Last Dead Horse
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    Apparently you have never actually looked at McCain's pro life record. It is nearly spotless.
    It is nearly spotless, except for a statement McCain made back in 1999, where he stated that he would not repeal Roe vs. Wade.

I still must use McCain's VP pick as a litmus test, because picking a running mate is a candidate's first major decision. It's already bad enough that McCain supports granting amnesty to illegal aliens disguised as a 'guest worker' program. If McCain picked a pro-abortion running mate, that would be far too much for me to stomach.

Power CUer
    It is nearly spotless, except for a statement McCain made back in 1999, where he stated that he would not repeal Roe vs. Wade.

I still must use McCain's VP pick as a litmus test, because picking a running mate is a candidate's first major decision. It's already bad enough that McCain supports granting amnesty to illegal aliens disguised as a 'guest worker' program. If McCain picked a pro-abortion running mate, that would be far too much for me to stomach.
    Would you rather help a pro-infanticide candidate to win?

http://www.conservativeunderground.c...ead.php?t=2050