Thread: Dobson shifts positions, may endorse McCain

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Would you rather help a pro-infanticide candidate to win?

http://www.conservativeunderground.c...ead.php?t=2050
    What's the difference if neither candidate has any intention of working towards it's repeal? The real battle lines for ending Roe are in the Congress anyway. They could completely remove the SCOTUS control. All it requires is a one vote majority to remove it. Article III section 2.

Subject-matter jurisdiction
    Federal courts are courts of limited jurisdiction, and not courts of general jurisdiction

Once the courts can't touch it any longer it's no longer a court issue...it's a people issue.

But this may never happen, cause no one, including today's so called right to lifers in congress, really have the balls to do this.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Banned
    Well, it seems as if the good Dr. Dobson would like McCain to pick Carly Fiorina as his VP. But, perhaps I'm misinterpreting his words. :D

My observation is that women are merely waiting for their husbands to assume leadership.
    James Dobson

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mike128 View Post
    It is nearly spotless, except for a statement McCain made back in 1999, where he stated that he would not repeal Roe vs. Wade.

I still must use McCain's VP pick as a litmus test, because picking a running mate is a candidate's first major decision. It's already bad enough that McCain supports granting amnesty to illegal aliens disguised as a 'guest worker' program. If McCain picked a pro-abortion running mate, that would be far too much for me to stomach.
    His pick may be to your liking because I watched Joe Scarborough interview Bobby Jindhal. He was going into great detail about offshore drilling, Iraq and lambasting Obama. Of course he denied that he is being considered but it kinda looks like it to me. I would like to see him on the ticket but I sure would hate to see him leave as Gov. of LA. Then we would probably wind up with that faggy looking brother of Mary Landrieu.
    Last edited by lacarnut; 07-21-2008 at 06:53 PM.

Jindal is going to be here tomorrow for a Town Council meeting. I'll ask him.

I really don't think he would accept if asked. His family wants to be here and so does he.

eeekkkk!

Just saw this at DU:

faygokid Donating Member (1000+ posts) Mon Jul-21-08 06:43 PM
    Original message
    McCain in Louisiana Thursday for "major announcement." Could it be Jindal as Veep?

Same day as Barack speaks in Berlin. Just reported on ABC News that McCain will be in Louisiana for a "major announcement" that day. If he's announcing his VP pick, that means it's Jindal.

He definitely has to roll the dice, and that's a Hail Mary pick.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    Jindal is going to be here tomorrow for a Town Council meeting. I'll ask him.

I really don't think he would accept if asked. His family wants to be here and so does he.

eeekkkk!

Just saw this at DU:
    Aww, shit. McCain would help himself if it were Newt or Jindal. I am hoping it's Newt because the new Gov. has a big mess to clean up here, and it will take him 8 years to make a dent in it.

Beaten Last Dead Horse
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Aww, shit. McCain would help himself if it were Newt or Jindal. I am hoping it's Newt because the new Gov. has a big mess to clean up here, and it will take him 8 years to make a dent in it.
    Newt would be OK with me, but I'm afraid the liberal media would harp on his personal baggage.

Jindal would also be OK because he's a real conservative. But he is a bit young, and I'm afraid the media would tun him into another Dan Quayle. (Remember the "One Heartbeat Away" ad by the Dukakis campaign?) I think the age contrast between McCain and Jindal would be too great. Nevertheless, I could still vote for a McCain-Jindal ticket.

Beaten Last Dead Horse
    My favorite pick for McCain's VP is still Governor Haley Barbour of Mississippi.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mike128 View Post
    My favorite pick for McCain's VP is still Governor Haley Barbour of Mississippi.
    That would be great also. Jindal is a damn good debater along with Barbour and Newt. Andrea Mitchell tried her left wing bs regarding the withdrawl time table in Iraq and Jindal did a smack down on her. That is one old and ugly looking bitch.

Power CUer
    Dobson and the rest of the "religious right" just sound like a bunch of Mike128s to me.

Beaten Last Dead Horse
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Dobson and the rest of the "religious right" just sound like a bunch of Mike128s to me.
    First of all, I am not part of the so-called "religious right." In fact, I rarely attend Church. I am a social conservative, and proud of it.

Second, I believe there are more important things to value in life than the size of my own bank account. Although having money helps somewhat in life, I don't worship it the fanatical way that you do.