Thread: Meandering Monday

1. #1 Meandering Monday 
    I have errands today. I hate that. Nothing worse then having to drive from place to place and get in and out of the car in 95 degree temps. It exhausts me. And then I have to go to a farewell dinner tonight for someone I am really not that fond of. hypocrisy....:D

TOTD: I had some teachers who really had an impact on me. What makes a good teacher and did you have any special ones?

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    I have errands today. I hate that. Nothing worse then having to drive from place to place and get in and out of the car in 95 degree temps. It exhausts me. And then I have to go to a farewell dinner tonight for someone I am really not that fond of. hypocrisy....:D

TOTD: I had some teachers who really had an impact on me. What makes a good teacher and did you have any special ones?
    Well, besides the fact that today is MY birthday there really isn't anything worth talking about, right? :p

TOTD: I had a few great teachers in grade school...I had a few in middle school that I cannot recall but the standout was a history, social studies teacher, Mr. Bracken, who stopped class to inform us that President Reagan had been shot (I remember that very vividly). In high school, there was another history teacher, Mr. Bove, and also Mr. Bjorstrom (but everyone called him Mr. BJ....no joke) who was probably the most entertaining and slightly crazy guy who looked a little like Ray Bradbury. Bove was cool because he was a younger guy who made history/social studies interesting and fun. In college I had a couple creative writing teachers that really helped me, and also a humanities teacher, Mr. Johnson, who loved to ramble on during lectures, way off track a lot of the time, but he was a great professor.
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post

Be happy, LL. If you don't really care that much for the departing person, that's a good thing. Smile and be happy---they won't be there much longer.

I've had several memorable teachers in high school and at my university. I had 2 outstanding English teachers in high school, both who were very encouraging and had very distinctive personalities, not your usual cookie cutter types.

I'll always remember one of my history/poly sci professors at the university. He obviously had stayed on the job way too long. The good doc would sit in the chair, leaning back against a door which led to his small office next to the classroom. The problem was the door often wasn't tightly shut, so he'd go tumbling backwards. I guess it happened so often that he was accustomed to it and never seemed to get hurt. He was the person who inspired me to change majors. :D
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

We are going to be hot again today plus I have to drive way out of my way to pick up dog thyroid medicine after work. I wish they would just mail it.

TOTD: I can't say that they left much of a favorable impression on me. I disliked school because it was so boring so I was constantly being punished for reading real books in class.

Only 95 degrees LL? It peaked over 120 here today in Iraq. Feel better?;)
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Quote Originally Posted by marinejcksn View Post
    Only 95 degrees LL? It peaked over 120 here today in Iraq. Feel better?;)
    Makes me feel better. It's 91 here now. May I thank you again for your service. Hope you don't get drafted to be a photo op with Obama if he comes anywhere near you. I saw the look on one of our bravest' face in Afghanistan. He didn't look happy to be in that pic.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Makes me feel better. It's 91 here now. May I thank you again for your service. Hope you don't get drafted to be a photo op with Obama if he comes anywhere near you. I saw the look on one of our bravest' face in Afghanistan. He didn't look happy to be in that pic.
    Hilarious.:D

Nah, Barry is staying around Baghdad. He doesn't have the balls to come to Ramadi or Fallujah, we're too far out in the sticks for him. I did meet Gary "Lt. Dan" Sinise last week...he was really cool.
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke