Thread: yankees

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Looks like the yankees are getting better calls from the ump, is this what we can expect from them in the WS? :mad:

Quote Originally Posted by Lars1701a View Post
    Looks like the yankees are getting better calls from the ump, is this what we can expect from them in the WS? :mad:

Just play the game.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post

Just play the game.
    Easy for you to say when you are getting the calls. Saw it for the dodgers and now prolly going to see it these umps.

Easy for you to say when you are getting the calls. Saw it for the dodgers and now prolly going to see it these umps.
    40 pennants and 26 W.S. is pretty hard sell on getting the hometown calls. Umps make bad calls all the time . So Pettite got the outside corner. So what......So did Maddux and Glavine....ALL THE TIME. If that's the case, then you'd better start swinging at the outside stuff. Stars get the benefit of the doubt. He's a HOF pitcher who's a post season icon. You'll see it when they start giving Pedro the corners too. I won't be crying.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

Just play the game.
    Got to go ahead and get the excuses ready. Don't you know that no Philly team ever just loses?
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Banned
    40 pennants and 26 W.S. is pretty hard sell on getting the hometown calls. Umps make bad calls all the time . So Pettite got the outside corner. So what......So did Maddux and Glavine....ALL THE TIME. If that's the case, then you'd better start swinging at the outside stuff. Stars get the benefit of the doubt. He's a HOF pitcher who's a post season icon. You'll see it when they start giving Pedro the corners too. I won't be crying.
    All those pennants and WS wins and 25cents will get you a cup of coffee. I watched both series and I can live with bad calls IF and only IF they were pretty much even, but the dodgers seemed to get more favored calls. Wonder why? might they have wanted a Dodger vs yanks WS?

I just cant wait for the ass kissing the Fox announcers will lay on the yanks. In the NLCS the announcers called the game as if the Phills were not the WS champs, you wait and see if they call the WS like that.
    Last edited by Lars1701a; 10-26-2009 at 11:18 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    Got to go ahead and get the excuses ready. Don't you know that no Philly team ever just loses?
    Well the Phills have not lost in the last 2 years, so in fact you are wrong and again if they are fair with both teams I can live with that. I saw a different strike zone for each team last night and please dont say I am wrong.

Phills in 6

All those pennants and WS wins and 25cents will get you a cup of coffee. I watched both series and I can live with bad calls IF and only IF they were pretty much even, but the dodgers seemed to get more favored calls. Wonder why? might they have wanted a Dodger vs yanks WS?

I just cant wait for the ass kissing the Fox announcers will lay on the yanks. In the NLCS the announcers called the game as if the Phills were not the WS champs, you wait and see if they call the WS like that.
    Yep..but see...this isn't the Yankees that had no pitching in the early decade. This team has the arms and the bats. It much more resembles when Pettite, Mendoza, Wetteland, Rivera and Wells were on the mound than when the Yanks had no middle relief.
    In addition, we'll see how the Phils handle wiping the drool off their chins from being in THE Yankee stadium. I'm betting once that wears off, It'll be a bit too late. There is no place like a game in New York. Just ask Pedro.

Banned
    Yep..but see...this isn't the Yankees that had no pitching in the early decade. This team has the arms and the bats. It much more resembles when Pettite, Mendoza, Wetteland, Rivera and Wells were on the mound than when the Yanks had no middle relief.
    In addition, we'll see how the Phils handle wiping the drool off their chins from being in THE Yankee stadium. I'm betting once that wears off, It'll be a bit too late. There is no place like a game in New York. Just ask Pedro.
    Ya it really affected us when we won 2 out of three games and if i am not to much mistaken we would have won another game if not for the blown save lidge had in that "park". New York blows and you are going to get a taste of real pitching this week.

Its going to be called "the house ryan built". Dont worry you are going to see a good pitcher take the mound for the Phills.

Banned
    Nothing like a little Yankee animosity. Go Phils.