Thread: Obama wonít carry Georgia

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    There are many whites in the northeast that will not vote for a black man. Liberals like to talk the talk but are not willing to walk the walk. Additionally, independents will not vote for a racist liberal with little experience in government.

I'm from New England and I can tell you that is absolute pure BS. Obama is well liked in New England, he might have a little trouble in New Hampshire where folks are more libertarian minded and where John McCain is very well liked, but Obama will still narrowly beat McCain there. Obama is leading Vermont, Maine, New York, Mass., by double digits.

Pennsylvania will be a battleground, like it always is, but like New Jersey, it always appears that Republicans might be competetive there, but at the last minute all the undecideds break for the Democratic candidate and the states go blue. It happens every election cycle like clockwork.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
    I'm from New England and I can tell you that is absolute pure BS. Obama is well liked in New England, he might have a little trouble in New Hampshire where folks are more libertarian minded and where John McCain is very well liked, but Obama will still narrowly beat McCain there. Obama is leading Vermont, Maine, New York, Mass., by double digits.

Pennsylvania will be a battleground, like it always is, but like New Jersey, it always appears that Republicans might be competetive there, but at the last minute all the undecideds break for the Democratic candidate and the states go blue. It happens every election cycle like clockwork.
    Do you know that 30% of voters polled stated that race is important. The Repubs. need to stay away from the race issue at all costs. However, has there ever been a black presidential candidate? How do you know, I am sure those Bostonians will not tell you, that those whites will not vote for a black man. I do believe, we are in unchartered waters here. Plus, I think that McCain will get the majority of independent voters. I could care less about polls which I think are slanted toward liberal bias. I think that McCain will win PA & NJ and the race will be over.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post

Pennsylvania will be very competitive. And there are people here that will not vote for Obama because he is a black man. Keep in mind that a large portion of Pennsylvania is older. A big portion of the D's here are old school D's...Catholic, union, ethnic types. The abortion issue, as always, will cause them problems. A black guy from Chicago who has already accused them of being bitter and clinging to their guns and religion, is going to be a tough act for them to vote for.

Although my grandparents are deceased (and they didn't vote anyway), I often wonder what they would be thinking this election cycle. My grandfather was an Irish Catholic teamster. He didn't like Bill Clinton. Our political arguments always ended when we got to the abortion issue and how it was that he could be a D in light of that. I don't believe he could be on board with Obama. He wasn't a racist by any stretch. But I do think a guy as relatively young as Obama, with very little in common with these people, would be a hard sell.

It's interesting to me that Obama has no stories to tell about his work during high school, college, or law school. There are a lot of working class families in upstate PA and the middle part of the state where that kind of a background is important.