Thread: Phillies

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Lars1701a View Post
    BRING ON THE SPANKEES.

Looks like the bullpen is starting to come together :)

your gonna need it.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    your gonna need it.

Whats the record between the two teams this year? I know two of the loses were due to blown saves and since lidge has his mojo back we shall see.

I am not going to talk trash till the WS is won :D

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Whats the record between the two teams this year? I know two of the loses were due to blown saves and since lidge has his mojo back we shall see.

And yer gonna stop after that.....????:p:D

I can't wait for the series.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

That was supposed to be the best team in the NL? That was the team that every paper, broadcaster and media hack thought would go to the World Series? That was the team that the TBS fags were fellating every night, even when the Phils were smacking the crap out of them? Give me a break. The Phils just delivered a beating. Take a shower Manny, you hack. Vincente Padilla and Randy Wolf? Are you kidding? We bounced those clowns out of Philly three years ago, when they sucked. :D

Let's recap and look ahead:
    2008 - Phils put a beating on the Brewers, the Dodgers and the Rays.
    2009 - Phils put a beating on the Rockies, the Dodgers and the Yankees.
    2010 - Phils put a beating on the Rockies, the Braves and the Angels.
    2011 - Phils put a beating on the Cubs, the Braves and the Red Sox.

I can't wait until the Phils lefthanders start launching to right in Yankee stadium. That's going to be the house that Howard built. This is gonna be sweet. ;)

By the way - the series starts on Wednesday the 28th, no matter how many games the ALCS goes.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    That was supposed to be the best team in the NL? That was the team that every paper, broadcaster and media hack thought would go to the World Series? That was the team that the TBS fags were fellating every night, even when the Phils were smacking the crap out of them? Give me a break. The Phils just delivered a beating. Take a shower Manny, you hack. Vincente Padilla and Randy Wolf? Are you kidding? We bounced those clowns out of Philly three years ago, when they sucked. :D

I can't wait until the Phils lefthanders start launching to right in Yankee stadium. That's going to be the house that Howard built. This is gonna be sweet. ;)

By the way - the series starts on Wednesday the 28th, no matter how many games the ALCS goes.
    w00tage!!! The Braves are moving up!!!!!
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Oh come on. It's so much fun. Then you get to raze me for talking so much crap if the Phils win. ;)

BTW: I guess Phils fans get a little crazy when they start winning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swL3ebr1_Do
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post

It wasn't just the TBS douche bags that were fellating the dodgers, it was just about every other sports writer proclaiming the dodgers the NL winners this year. :mad:

I saw a sigh that said " to manny roids" about sums up it up.

Actually, the Phils won the season series 2-1 and Lidge blew the 2nd game when we had a 4-2 in the 9th.

As for the media perception of the Phils, I'm ecstatic that everyone is picking against them. When we win the Series again, everyone of them is going to be enjoying a big dish of crow. These are the same dopes who discounted our win last year because our opponent was the Rays even though they had the 3rd best record in baseball and I recall the "experts" picked the Rays to win anyhoo. It's a wonderful thing to watch the Phils making everyone look stupid. My only worry here is the obvious bias the umpires have for the Yankees.

As for Howard and Yankee stadium, rare is a Howard pulled home run. In actuality, Utley, Rollins, Victorino, and Ibanez should have fun with that short porch especially Victorino who tends to yank his homeruns. Howard hits most of his to right center or left center. Werth, even though he's a right handed hitter, tends to go the other way but never right down the right field line.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.