Thread: Hi

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Hi 
    Hello CU.

I have a hard time labeling myself on the political spectrum so I'll just tell you what I think of my presidents.

Carter - I really like Carter. I was only four when he left office so my perspective is detached and includes his post presidential accomplishments, which are monumental compared to those who followed him.

Reagan - I want to like Reagan. I'm too young to remember anything he did. It seems like he helped the rich get richer and was, at best, indifferent to the poor. I'm not sure how I feel about the whole arms race thing. No doubt the collapse of the Soviet Union was a plus. What did it cost us?

H. W. Bush - Reagan II (see above)

Clinton - Grudgingly great. I think, given his environment, that he could have done great things for the U.S. but instead we got NAFTA. However, in general, I think his economic and foreign policy accomplishments were fist class.

Bush Jr. - Worst president in U.S. history, at least in my lifetime. War, deficit, diplomatic ignorance, etc, etc, etc.

Obama - Too early to tell. Anyone looks like a genius after eight years of Jr.

I registered here for some perspective on the conservative outlook. Beck and O'Reilly have me thinking that the right has been inundated by lunatics. Please right me if I'm wrong. Thank you.

oy vey
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    Hello CU.

I have a hard time labeling myself on the political spectrum so I'll just tell you what I think of my presidents.

Carter - I really like Carter. I was only four when he left office so my perspective is detached and includes his post presidential accomplishments, which are monumental compared to those who followed him.

Reagan - I want to like Reagan. I'm too young to remember anything he did. It seems like he helped the rich get richer and was, at best, indifferent to the poor. I'm not sure how I feel about the whole arms race thing. No doubt the collapse of the Soviet Union was a plus. What did it cost us?

Clinton - Grudgingly great. I think, given his environment, that he could have done great things for the U.S. but instead we got NAFTA. However, in general, I think his economic and foreign policy accomplishments were fist class.

Bush Jr. - Worst president in U.S. history, at least in my lifetime. War, deficit, diplomatic ignorance, etc, etc, etc.

I registered here for some perspective on the conservative outlook. Beck and O'Reilly have me thinking that the right has been inundated by lunatics. Please right me if I'm wrong. Thank you.
    Pull your head out of your ass and beck will be much clearer to you. It would be easier for you to think with a little more oxygen. Welcome!:D

Rectal Asphyxiation or RA is a very real condition that is affecting millions of Americans right now! Yes we can help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Pull your head out of your ass and beck will be much clearer to you. It would be easier for you to think with a little more oxygen. Welcome!:D
    LOL, Way too obvious!!! :D

: ďGrow your own dope. Plant a liberal.Ē
    Ē Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Rectal Asphyxiation or RA is a very real condition that is affecting millions of Americans right now! Yes we can help you.
    RA? Here I thought it was just Cranial Rectal Inversion. Meh. We'll see if this one is willing to have actual conversations about facts or if he'll base everything on emotion like the left always does.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    RA? Here I thought it was just Cranial Rectal Inversion. Meh. We'll see if this one is willing to have actual conversations about facts or if he'll base everything on emotion like the left always does.
    We used to call it CRI but they thought we were talking about a television program so we changed it.

Welcome, username.

Why do you call O'Reilly a lunatic? He seems more moderate to me.
    When life hands you lemons, make your husband a lemonade.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    Hello CU.

It seems as if you have spent too much time reading propaganda instead of looking at facts.

Jimmy Carter is simply the worst President we have had since - well --- EVER.
    No matter what aspect of his policies you look at, you get an unmitigated disaster. He is one of the people who contributed immensely to the problems we have today in the middle east. He destroyed the economy and both rich and poor suffered economically under his administration.

Ronald Reagan stopped the economic free - fall that Carter caused & his policies lead to HUGE gains for people of ALL income classes. He also was one of the key figures in curbing the Soviet expansion. The best President - ever.

George Bush was the beneficiary of Reagan's economy yet his tax increase slowed the economy just enough to allow Clinton to further benefit from Reagan's legacy.

Clinton benefited greatly from Regan's tax cuts as many of the jobs that were created during his term in office were created by companies and divisions of companies that were started BECAUSE of the tax cuts and other economic policies of the Reagan term. We are STILL benefiting from the companies that began under Reagan. To his Credit, Clinton pushed for NAFTA which angers the Union people,but if you look at the number of jobs that located here vs the number of jobs that left because of NAFTA - it is pretty much a wash. The difference is that those that located here were higher skilled jobs and they paid better. He squandered the peace dividend though and over-regulated businesses until the economy eventually collapsed near the end of his 2nd term. On foreign policy, Clinton was the major reason we now have to worry about North Korea's Nuclear weapons - and one of the reasons China is now a threat also.

George W. Bush was not the worst President ever but he was not a great one either. His legacy will be freeing 50 million people from dictators AND (if Obama does not screw it up) he will deserve credit for beginning to curb the Islamic threat that Carter helped to gain power. Economically, he brought us out of what SHOULD have been a VERY deep recession by encouraging investments and cutting taxes. Unfortunately, he also spent money to a greater extent than any of his predecessors, he was not able to overcome the liberals on his energy policies and he added significant burdens on businesses by increasing regulations. He also caved into liberals (and then failed to curb them) in the quest for "affordable housing"

Obama is George Bush times 10 economically (without the redeeming tax cutting qualities) and is a repeat of Jimmy Carter on foreign policy. He is a combination of all the worst parts of Carter and Bush - and he retains none of their good parts.
    Last edited by Constitutionally Speaking; 10-18-2009 at 11:15 AM.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

You have trouble labeling yourself on the political spectrum? I don't.. Liberal Democrat. That one was easy.
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!