Thread: Hi

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 78
  1. #11  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sunny,FL
    Posts
    43,059
    Quote Originally Posted by stsinner View Post
    You have trouble labeling yourself on the political spectrum? I don't.. Liberal Democrat. That one was easy.
    Ya think? :D
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    It seems as if you have spent too much time reading propaganda instead of looking at facts.

    Jimmy Carter is simply the worst President we have had since - well --- EVER.
    No matter what aspect of his policies you look at, you get an unmitigated disaster. He is one of the people who contributed immensely to the problems we have today in the middle east. He destroyed the economy and both rich and poor suffered economically under his administration.

    Ronald Reagan stopped the economic free - fall that Carter caused & his policies lead to HUGE gains for people of ALL income classes. He also was one of the key figures in curbing the Soviet expansion. The best President - ever.

    George Bush was the beneficiary of Reagan's economy yet his tax increase slowed the economy just enough to allow Clinton to further benefit from Reagan's legacy.

    Clinton benefited greatly from Regan's tax cuts as many of the jobs that were created during his term in office were created by companies and divisions of companies that were started BECAUSE of the tax cuts and other economic policies of the Reagan term. We are STILL benefiting from the companies that began under Reagan. To his Credit, Clinton pushed for NAFTA which angers the Union people,but if you look at the number of jobs that located here vs the number of jobs that left because of NAFTA - it is pretty much a wash. The difference is that those that located here were higher skilled jobs and they paid better. He squandered the peace dividend though and over-regulated businesses until the economy eventually collapsed near the end of his 2nd term. On foreign policy, Clinton was the major reason we now have to worry about North Korea's Nuclear weapons - and one of the reasons China is now a threat also.

    George W. Bush was not the worst President ever but he was not a great one either. His legacy will be freeing 50 million people from dictators AND (if Obama does not screw it up) he will deserve credit for beginning to curb the Islamic threat that Carter helped to gain power. Economically, he brought us out of what SHOULD have been a VERY deep recession by encouraging investments and cutting taxes. Unfortunately, he also spent money to a greater extent than any of his predecessors, he was not able to overcome the liberals on his energy policies and he added significant burdens on businesses by increasing regulations. He also caved into liberals (and then failed to curb them) in the quest for "affordable housing"

    Obama is George Bush times 10 economically (without the redeeming tax cutting qualities) and is a repeat of Jimmy Carter on foreign policy. He is a combination of all the worst parts of Carter and Bush - and he retains none of their good parts.
    That is a lot of people to talk about in one thread so what do you say we narrow it down to your favorite. Ronald Regan's policies led to the largest increase in the national debt that this country had ever seen (followed by H. W. who consolidated equal amounts of destruction into one term). Please check this page and tell me if you think the numbers matter.
    Last edited by username; 10-20-2009 at 07:14 PM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by stsinner View Post
    You have trouble labeling yourself on the political spectrum? I don't.. Liberal Democrat. That one was easy.
    Thanks for your assessment. It really adds substance to this thread.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    Thanks for your assessment. It really adds substance to this thread.
    If you think that post was lacking in substance, I will give you one that will blow your panty waisted skirt up. Jimmy Carter increased the top income tax rate to 70%. Highest in my lifetime. The mortgage interest rates was 17%, unemployment was sky high, gas rationing, jobs were extremely hard to find, banks would not loan you money for a house unless you had 20% down. The Carter period was called the malaise years for a reason; people felt down in the dumps with an idiot for a President. I predict the same is going to happen with the Magic Negro. Put the crack pipe down or the pitcher of kool-aid and try to absorb what I have just stated.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    That is a lot of people to talk about in one thread so what do you say we narrow it down to your favorite. Ronald Regan's policies led to the largest increase in the national debt that this country had ever seen (followed by H. W. who consolidated equal amounts of destruction into one term). Please check this page and tell me if you think the numbers matter.
    Regan's policies also brought the Soviet Union to its knees bringing freedom to countless MILLIONS of people. Those same policies doubled government revenues and brought an age of prosperity unimagined by the left who were preaching that we had peaked and it was all down hill for us.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    If you think that post was lacking in substance, I will give you one that will blow your panty waisted skirt up. Jimmy Carter increased the top income tax rate to 70%. Highest in my lifetime. The mortgage interest rates was 17%, unemployment was sky high, gas rationing, jobs were extremely hard to find, banks would not loan you money for a house unless you had 20% down. The Carter period was called the malaise years for a reason; people felt down in the dumps with an idiot for a President. I predict the same is going to happen with the Magic Negro. Put the crack pipe down or the pitcher of kool-aid and try to absorb what I have just stated.
    Agreed, the tax rates were ridiculous. Obviously they did not help the situation. However, you would have to be trapped in a bubble to miss the extenuating circumstances of the time. Judging by your raciest comment, I'm betting your bubble is of the opaque and impenetrable breed. What the hell, I'll take my shot anyway. Carter had to contend with stagflation which was only one problem caused by; OPEC, Iranian revolution, Vietnam, The Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, etc. etc. etc. I don't think it's fair to blame the Carter administration for what was in fact a global crisis. His his overzealous tax policy seems reprehensible but, in retrospect, the U.S. economy did surprisingly well, all things considered. As for your crack pipe and kool-aid - Thanks, but no thanks.
    Last edited by username; 10-20-2009 at 11:21 PM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    Agreed, the tax rates were ridiculous. Obviously they did not help the situation. However, you would have to be trapped in a bubble to miss the extenuating circumstances of the time. Judging by your raciest comment, I'm betting your bubble is of the opaque and impenetrable breed. What the hell, I'll take my shot anyway. Carter had to contend with stagflation which was caused by; OPEC, Iranian revolution, Vietnam, The Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, etc. etc. etc. I don't think it's fair to blame the Carter administration for what was in fact a global crisis. His his overzealous tax policy seems reprehensible but, in retrospect, the U.S. economy did surprisingly well, all things considered. As for your crack pipe and kool-aid - Thanks, but no thanks.
    Carter CAUSED the Iranian revolution and the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan as well.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Regan's policies also brought the Soviet Union to its knees bringing freedom to countless MILLIONS of people. Those same policies doubled government revenues and brought an age of prosperity unimagined by the left who were preaching that we had peaked and it was all down hill for us.
    What did it cost us? Your "age of prosperity" seems a fickle facade in retrospect.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Carter CAUSED the Iranian revolution and the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan as well.
    Okay, show me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #20  
    HR Corporate Scum patriot45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Posts
    10,903
    Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    Thanks for your assessment. It really adds substance to this thread.
    Oh no, your post is all flat and junk! Let me get my debate out..... oh shit I'm just a conservative, I listen to Fox! Ok bye! :D

    Good luck! Lol!

    : “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •