1. #1 Saints drown the Giants 
    Banned
    Drew Brees and the Saints put on a clinic in beating Eli and the Giants 48 - 27. Saints go 5-0.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Drew Brees and the Saints put on a clinic in beating Eli and the Giants 48 - 27. Saints go 5-0.
    Being a native from N'Awlins, that was one of the best games I've ever seen. Brees was a frikking machine. I didn't think anyone would ever take Archie's place in my heart, but I think Brees has done it.

I don't know if anyone ever posted this video. It blows my mind every time I see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVoqA-LKGb4
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmostThere View Post
    Being a native from N'Awlins, that was one of the best games I've ever seen. Brees was a frikking machine. I didn't think anyone would ever take Archie's place in my heart, but I think Brees has done it.

I don't know if anyone ever posted this video. It blows my mind every time I see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVoqA-LKGb4
    Archie got pounded so many times playing for the Aints, I wonder if all the pieces are in the right places. Unlike many of the prima donnas today, he never quit and was always ready to give it another shot regardless of the score.

I thought this ass rape was bad but what the hell has happened to Tennessee? 59-0. Oy.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Archie got pounded so many times playing for the Aints, I wonder if all the pieces are in the right places. Unlike many of the prima donnas today, he never quit and was always ready to give it another shot regardless of the score.
    That's what I loved about the guy. Archie would go out there, play his ass off, have the crap stomped out of him, lose the game and when it was over NEVER blame someone else. He always said they won or lost as a team. That man has class.

A little Saints trivia.

On Nov. 4, 1973, the Saints beat the Bills, 13-0, their first ever shut-out, and held O.J. Simpson to 79 yards on the ground. In 1973 O.J. ran for 2003 yds.

Banned
    That's what I loved about the guy. Archie would go out there, play his ass off, have the crap stomped out of him, lose the game and when it was over NEVER blame someone else. He always said they won or lost as a team. That man has class.

A little Saints trivia.

On Nov. 4, 1973, the Saints beat the Bills, 13-0, their first ever shut-out, and held O.J. Simpson to 79 yards on the ground. In 1973 O.J. ran for 2003 yds.
    Since you go back to the 70's and before satellite TV, I had a giant rotary antenna on my house that could pick up NO and used to watch/listen to this sports announcer. I think his name was Hap or Cap that used to blast the Saints something fierce every time they lost which was most of the time. This guy should have been a comedian.

The Saints are amazing this year. My guy has been a diehard Saints fan for better or worse, for at least 20 years.
    He LOVED watching that vid of Drew Brees that was posted here.

Since you go back to the 70's and before satellite TV, I had a giant rotary antenna on my house that could pick up NO and used to watch/listen to this sports announcer. I think his name was Hap or Cap that used to blast the Saints something fierce every time they lost which was most of the time. This guy should have been a comedian.
    I go back to the beginning of the Saints. We lived close enough to Tulane Stadium that we use to rent out parking spaces in our driveway on game-day and then walk over to the stadium. My brother and I had season tickets until they moved to the Superdome. A kid's season ticket in Tulane Stadium back then was $15.00. Yea, fifteen dollars!! I was there when Dempsey kicked his 63 yarder. You ever see 80,000 people go absolutely nuts simultaneously?

I think you're referring to Hap Glaudy. I think he was with CBS if I recall.

They don't identify him here, but the guy at 15 seconds into the video is Hap.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUR7vOJHSzE
    Last edited by AlmostThere; 10-19-2009 at 11:20 PM.

Banned
    I go back to the beginning of the Saints. We lived close enough to Tulane Stadium that we use to rent out parking spaces in our driveway on game-day and then walk over to the stadium. My brother and I had season tickets until they moved to the Superdome. A kid's season ticket in Tulane Stadium back then was $15.00. Yea, fifteen dollars!! I was there when Dempsey kicked his 63 yarder. You ever see 80,000 people go absolutely nuts simultaneously?

I think you're referring to Hap Glaudy. I think he was with CBS if I recall.

They don't identify him here, but the guy at 15 seconds into the video is Hap.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUR7vOJHSzE
    What a coincidence; my Aunt lived next to Tulane stadium also and would let people park in her driveway during gameday. Her last name was Wattie and lived there for many years. My dad, gramps and 3 Aunts were all from the Crescent City.

The sports announcer back in the 70's was a local sports reporter who came on every night after the 10 o'clock news. He was hilarious in his attacks on the Saints after a loss. Hap worked for WWL-TV
    Last edited by lacarnut; 10-20-2009 at 01:04 AM.

We lived in an old shotgun house that had a long driveway that we could get at least 8 cars in. A couple bucks per car and we had our concessions covered at the game.

In 1967 my brother and I, and 4 of our friends walked over to Tulane to sneak into the Sugar Bowl. We were looking for a place to hop the fence when this cop walks up and asks why we aren't in the game. We tell him we don't have tickets and he proceeds to whip six tickets out of his pocket to give to us so we can get in. Kenny Stabler, Ray Perkins of Alabama stomped the hell out of Nebraska, 34-7.

Tulane Stadium was a fun place to watch a ball game.