Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Sarah Palin As The Next President Is Absolutely Impossible 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Jeanette, from Taliban Rising, wrote a very nice piece:

Everything I Need to Know About Sarah Palin, I Learned From Sir Ernest Shackleton

On July 3rd, 2009, Sarah Palin resigned as Governor of Alaska, and nailed the following sign to her door:

“Men Wanted For Hazardous Journey. Small wages. Bitter cold. Long months of complete darkness. Constant danger. Safe return doubtful. Honor and recognition in case of success.”

This, the most famous newspaper advertisement ever penned, placed its original author, Sir Ernest Shackleton, in the position of having to select the crew for an Antarctic expedition from among the 5,000 men the ad brought to his office. Comparing Sara Palin to the greatest explorer in history might appear to stretch the limits of metaphorical license, even for an Irishwoman given to hyperbole.

I contend, however, that it pales when compared to likening a revolutionary idealist with two weeks of Presidential experience, to Mahatma Gandhi, Mother Theresa, or Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

I believe that Sarah Palin, will be the next President of the United States, and that the secret to her success can, oddly enough, be found in characteristics she shares with one of the greatest Explorers of modern history, Sir Ernest Shackleton.

[...]

I sincerely believe that Sarah Palin possesses those same characteristics and that she will press forward, ignoring obstacles, inspiring her supporters and, as President, not let the Country “bloody die.”

It is obvious that the election of Sarah Palin as the next President is absolutely impossible. Not only is she consistently attacked and misrepresented in the media and by the majority of “opinion makers,” but even in the Republican Party, her own ship, she is considered something of an Jonah, better to be thrown to the sea.

The Endurance is a perfect image of Sarah’s political career, as it sank beneath the weight of external belligerence and the unrelenting, grinding pressure of her opponents.

Her prospects were also mangled by the internal betrayal of former supporters and promoters because of their desperate need to pin their own failures on a woman they underestimated and deemed expendable. Like Sir Ernest, one can literally picture Sarah surveying the wreckage, and it is precisely in this moment that we see her leadership emerge.

Sarah knows what the “Tea Party Patriots” know. Only a real conservative will reach the harbor of the White House, if there is to be a new administration in 2012.

The concepts of love of God, love of Country, love of family, love or our troops and commitment the War on Terror, fearless denunciation of Communist China’s human-rights violations, faith in our free-market, faith in American self-reliance and independence were not “slogans” she used to get a job in Washington, but deeply held personal values.

These values are the future of our country. Sarah, without a moment wasted on disdain for those who tell her that her endeavor to bring these values to the White House is futile, has already started dragging the lifeboats of American conservative principles across the frozen wasteland of a triumphant Marxist administration, and her own virtually-emasculated Party that wants nothing to do with her cargo of gritty, Reagan conservatism.

http://citizenpalin4president.blogsp...sident-is.html

Last edited by megimoo; 10-19-2009 at 07:53 PM.

Banned
    You go girl. There will be hope and definitely change.

Please God, either her or somebody like her.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Not gonna happen...
    Say what ya mean and get to the point quick....I don't have the attention span to listen to bullshit...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Please God, either her or somebody like her.
    The rest of them have no backbone. Palin is our only hope; she will turn DC up on its heels when she becomes Prez.

Quote Originally Posted by Ree View Post
    Not gonna happen...
    Which part? Her or somebody like her?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Which part? Her or somebody like her?
    I like Palin..but by quittin mid term she's tainted...Now someone like her...HELL YES
    Say what ya mean and get to the point quick....I don't have the attention span to listen to bullshit...

I like Palin..but by quittin mid term she's tainted...Now someone like her...HELL YES
    I'm not certain on the why she resigned. If her reasons were sound and tactical, I'm for her. Maybe she is putting together a national team for the 2012 run. If so, wise decision. OBlah Blah was putting his run together at our expense while he was supposed to be legislating.
    C. S. Lewis
    Ayn Rand

Exactly.

She quit. She won't be POTUS.
    She's got a better resume than Barry. But she quit.
    It was the end of what could have been a good run in 2012.
    If leftists didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards at all.

She's not going to be president in 2012. If she ends up a Senator and doesn't quit that job mid-term, she could have a better chance in 2020. She's young-she has time to make up for quitting as governor, if she does something else that puts her in the public eye.

I don't want her to be president, but she's only in her mid 40s. Everyone wrote Bill Clinton off when he didn't get re-elected as governor of Arkansas.