Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 I might have a lawsuit coming. 
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!! Yesterday morning I ask the wife to take my dog out to use the bathroom. Long story short, her wiener dog ran out in to the street and started barking at a man walking by. Instead of just walking on by, he decides to swat at the dog with a newspaper. This sets off my dog, who is protective over the litlle dogs we have. She snatched away from my wife and ran out into the road to protect the little dog. The man tells my wife that she bit him. He has a mark about the size of a freckle on his hand.

I walk down to his house to apologize, and he started telling me how we have a leash law (even though I repeatedly told him she was on a leash, but got off) and how he had a neighbors dog bite him in Florida and they tried not to pay his medical bills. I told him she's up to date on her shots so he didn't have to worry about that.

I feel for the guy, I really do, but if he goes to the doctor over that knick (I've gotten worse playing with our Chihuahua) I'll stomp a mudhole in his ass.

This is the vicsious dog, with the little instigator....
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!! Yesterday morning I ask the wife to take my dog out to use the bathroom. Long story short, her wiener dog ran out in to the street and started barking at a man walking by. Instead of just walking on by, he decides to swat at the dog with a newspaper. This sets off my dog, who is protective over the litlle dogs we have. She snatched away from my wife and ran out into the road to protect the little dog. The man tells my wife that she bit him. He has a mark about the size of a freckle on his hand.

I walk down to his house to apologize, and he started telling me how we have a leash law (even though I repeatedly told him she was on a leash, but got off) and how he had a neighbors dog bite him in Florida and they tried not to pay his medical bills. I told him she's up to date on her shots so he didn't have to worry about that.

I feel for the guy, I really do, but if he goes to the doctor over that knick (I've gotten worse playing with our Chihuahua) I'll stomp a mudhole in his ass.

This is the vicsious dog, with the little instigator....
    He may make a try at having the dog Euthanized

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    He may make a try at having the dog Euthanized
    She'll go missing before that happens. First time dog bite is just recorded in case it happens again, unless it caused serious damage, which she didn't. Our Chihuahua has left worse marks than that on me playing.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Banned
    Hate to tell you this but it's your fault for not having control of your dogs. If he goes to the Dr., I would offer to pay the medical bill if it was me. You piss the guy off and your chances of getting sued will increase.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Hate to tell you this but it's your fault for not having control of your dogs. If he goes to the Dr., I would offer to pay the medical bill if it was me. You piss the guy off and your chances of getting sued will increase.
    I take full responsibility for what happened. I should have took her out myself. My thing is not to make it out to be more than it is.

Vepr
    I have been on both sides of it. We have a little Shitzu poodle mix that is still a puppy. She likes to paw at your leg to let you know she wants to be petted. Unfortunately if you are wearing shorts her little claws can hurt. We had a neighbor that threatened to sue if we let her scratch her on the ankle again. I think the only reason she did not is because she opened the gate and came into our yard past the fence to talk to my wife.

About 6 years ago before my third child was born I was taking my two oldest boys for a walk ages 2 and 4 at the time. I had my two year old in a stroller and my four year old was walking with me. From a distance I see a dog running towards us. Alarm bells start going off as the dog speeds up and does not slow down. I stepped to the side of the stroller and put my four year old behind me. The dog comes to a stop in front of us barking with teeth bared and ears laid back. My four year old loses his mind and tries to climb me to get away from the dog. My two year old being a two year old is straining forward in the stroller trying to reach the dog and saying “Puppy!” I have one hand on my frantic four year old and the other out in front of me trying to ward the dog off as I got between it and the stroller. The dog snapped at my hand but did not get me. I was giving serious thought to shooting the dog because I had my g26 on me but I was thinking maybe a swift kick will send it running when a lady comes running up calling the dogs name. She is all smiles and the dog calmed down a little. Her first words were “Sorry, he loves children and gets carried away…” My heart was still thumping and I was angry. I told her to keep her %@#*& dog in her yard or it was going to end up dead.

So I have one neighbor that thinks we are harboring Cujo and another that thinks I am a psychopath. :o

Quote Originally Posted by Vepr View Post
    I have been on both sides of it. We have a little Shitzu poodle mix that is still a puppy. She likes to paw at your leg to let you know she wants to be petted. Unfortunately if you are wearing shorts her little claws can hurt. We had a neighbor that threatened to sue if we let her scratch her on the ankle again. I think the only reason she did not is because she opened the gate and came into our yard past the fence to talk to my wife.

About 6 years ago before my third child was born I was taking my two oldest boys for a walk ages 2 and 4 at the time. I had my two year old in a stroller and my four year old was walking with me. From a distance I see a dog running towards us. Alarm bells start going off as the dog speeds up and does not slow down. I stepped to the side of the stroller and put my four year old behind me. The dog comes to a stop in front of us barking with teeth bared and ears laid back. My four year old loses his mind and tries to climb me to get away from the dog. My two year old being a two year old is straining forward in the stroller trying to reach the dog and saying “Puppy!” I have one hand on my frantic four year old and the other out in front of me trying to ward the dog off as I got between it and the stroller. The dog snapped at my hand but did not get me. I was giving serious thought to shooting the dog because I had my g26 on me but I was thinking maybe a swift kick will send it running when a lady comes running up calling the dogs name. She is all smiles and the dog calmed down a little. Her first words were “Sorry, he loves children and gets carried away…” My heart was still thumping and I was angry. I told her to keep her %@#*& dog in her yard or it was going to end up dead.

So I have one neighbor that thinks we are harboring Cujo and another that thinks I am a psychopath. :o
    I bet you get invited to all the cookouts.:D

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    I take full responsibility for what happened. I should have took her out myself. My thing is not to make it out to be more than it is.
    Hope it works out for you.

I might get all the dog's proofs of vaccinations together, take a plate of cookies and go to his house and say "Just wanted to make sure you were OK and apologize again for the dog getting off of the leash"....

We had a chihuahua that bit several people and this is what my Mom used to do!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    , take a plate of cookies and go to his house
    or volunteer to cut his yard the next time it needs cutting.