Thread: I might have a lawsuit coming.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11  
    Vepr
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    I bet you get invited to all the cookouts.:D
    Yeah not so much. :( :D
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,421
    That really does suck. I had a german shepherd bite me once. It was not on a leash, was not on its own property, the owner saw him attack, and asked me what I had done to provoke it. When I went to her house to get proof of the vaccinations (I sooo did not want to go through a series of rabies shots) she was very reluctant to give them to me. I never threatened a lawsuit, never requested payment of the medical treatment bills (they were either minimal or covered by insurance anyway) and didn't request that the dog be put down. I did notify the police of the incident (apparently this was not the first problem with the dog), but that was it.

    Overkill is not necessary. Niceness will frequently rule the day. Heck, even the doctor that took care of me for the bite must have been a heck of a dog lover because he gave every excuse for the dog's behavior (hot weather, post holidays and may have been keyed up over all the fireworks, etc.). I doubt a little weiner dog "bite" is going to amount to much.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Politically tired.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,665
    Those doggies are so cute! Hope things work out for you. Happy birthday.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Administrator SaintLouieWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sarasota Florida
    Posts
    39,703
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    I bet you get invited to all the cookouts.:D
    Yeah, I think I killed the cookouts in my old neighborhood. :D

    Their last one highlighted me telling off the a__hole whose dog, a known vicious dog, was let out unattended for hours while no one was home. He caused $5k worth of damages to my first greyhound, which led to a bone infection and his ultimate death. Those jerks took months to pay just the intial vet bill (less than $200) and never apologized.

    I cornered him at the neighborhood picnic, kept my voice low, but told him precisely what I thought of him and his family. I should have sued them and should have reported them to the police immediately.

    What your dog did was quite different. Believe me, if you apologize and do as LL says, he should be alright with it, unless he's a total jerk out to make money in a suit.

    A word to the wise, your homeowner's insurance should cover you if he gets really mean. But if you can fix it on the cheap with him, it would be better to just pay a small amount.

    Don't let him get into the righteous indignation phase. (I was guilty of "accidentally" doing a minor lawn job there). :o I went sort of crazy with grief over my dog and that revenge thingy. Listening to the dog howl night after night in pain, without a fentyl patch touching the pain, does strange things to a person.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

    " To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

    "
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"


    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Goldwater
    Guest
    He swatted the dog with a paper just for barking? Sounds like a grumpy idiot.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    noonwitch
    Guest
    A couple of years ago, my dog was attacked by a dog who jumped the fence from the yard next door, where they were having a party. The other dog's owner reimbursed me for my vet bill-they knew if I called the police, which I really didn't want to do, that their dog would have been put down because it would not have been the first time the dog attacked.

    My gentle dog had a couple of bites and was traumatized for a couple of days, until after we went to the vet. My sweet dog bit the other dog in the eye, and made sure that she landed in the rose bushes, so the other dog was worse for the wear than Katie.

    My sister's kid got bit last year in the face and ended up needing some expensive medical treatment. My sister chose not to pursue anything against the dog's owner, because she felt that her child's actions contributed to the dog biting her, which is both fair and honest. However, she had to pay cash for most of the treatments, including some minor plastic surgery.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    Administrator SaintLouieWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sarasota Florida
    Posts
    39,703
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    A couple of years ago, my dog was attacked by a dog who jumped the fence from the yard next door, where they were having a party. The other dog's owner reimbursed me for my vet bill-they knew if I called the police, which I really didn't want to do, that their dog would have been put down because it would not have been the first time the dog attacked.

    My gentle dog had a couple of bites and was traumatized for a couple of days, until after we went to the vet. My sweet dog bit the other dog in the eye, and made sure that she landed in the rose bushes, so the other dog was worse for the wear than Katie.

    My sister's kid got bit last year in the face and ended up needing some expensive medical treatment. My sister chose not to pursue anything against the dog's owner, because she felt that her child's actions contributed to the dog biting her, which is both fair and honest. However, she had to pay cash for most of the treatments, including some minor plastic surgery.
    Your sister sounds like a very unique individual. Not many people would be that fair. I hope your niece is doing alright now and wasn't scarred.

    When I lived in the Chicago area for a year, had something very unusual happen. A neighbor's very bratty kid bit my dog! :eek: The kid was a monster. You could see the impression of the little darling girl's whole set of teeth in my schnauzer's back. If the dog had bitten back, the mother probably would have threatened to sue. I asked both of them to leave my house.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

    " To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

    "
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"


    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    Senior Member Rebel Yell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South GA
    Posts
    5,181
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    A word to the wise, your homeowner's insurance should cover you if he gets really mean. But if you can fix it on the cheap with him, it would be better to just pay a small amount.

    I'm an insurance agent, I know.

    Funny thing happened yesterday, ONE OF HIS DOGS GOT OUT OF FENCE AND WAS RUNNING LOOSE.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    noonwitch
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Your sister sounds like a very unique individual. Not many people would be that fair. I hope your niece is doing alright now and wasn't scarred.

    When I lived in the Chicago area for a year, had something very unusual happen. A neighbor's very bratty kid bit my dog! :eek: The kid was a monster. You could see the impression of the little darling girl's whole set of teeth in my schnauzer's back. If the dog had bitten back, the mother probably would have threatened to sue. I asked both of them to leave my house.

    The doctor did a really good job, and she has a very small scar on her cheek, a fraction of an inch long. It's fading, too.

    My sister has to be understanding, because her child is a brat. I love the girl, but she is a brat.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #20  
    Senior Member Rebel Yell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South GA
    Posts
    5,181
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    The doctor did a really good job, and she has a very small scar on her cheek, a fraction of an inch long. It's fading, too.

    My sister has to be understanding, because her child is a brat. I love the girl, but she is a brat.
    Unfortunatley, there are not many people like your sister left. I f there were, I wouldn't have worried about being sued.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •