Thread: Confiscation Conversation

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    So what would you do? Are you a gun owner?
    I'd piss myself and turn over all my guns. Then when I got the internet back, I'd come online and brag to CU and arfcom about how I really showed those jackbooted thugs with my stories of losing guns in a boating accident. I'd finish the post with a "FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS!"

Goldwater
    Quote Originally Posted by FeebMaster View Post
    I'd piss myself and turn over all my guns. Then when I got the internet back, I'd come online and brag to CU and arfcom about how I really showed those jackbooted thugs with my stories of losing guns in a boating accident. I'd finish the post with a "FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS!"
    Yeah, can't think of anyone not doing that really.

Vepr
    Again I think it comes down to the situation. If it is a localized event I think most people would just lie or turn over their firearms. If they are trying to do it on a national scale then who knows. I doubt they would ever even bother on a national scale because the logistics involved are an absolute nightmare and even if only 5% resisted it would be a bloody mess across the country. The sad thing is with the 2nd amendment confiscation is not far fetched and suspension of the 4th is not out of the question either. It seems that as long as people still have their first amendment right to bitch about losing all the others they will roll over and raise their butts in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Vepr View Post
    It seems that as long as people still have their first amendment right to bitch about losing all the others they will roll over and raise their butts in the air.
    Now you're getting it.

Oh, and don't forget elections. We'll just vote those gun grabbers out next time around!

noonwitch
    I don't have guns, but I would imagine that something like that would not go down well in Detroit or Michigan at large. I doubt that anyone will be coming for the baseball bat that is under my bed, or the dagger in my nightstand.

Even Coleman Young defended his citizen's right to defend their lives and property with a gun. He always carried one.

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by FeebMaster View Post
    Now you're getting it.

Oh, and don't forget elections. We'll just vote those gun grabbers out next time around!
    McCain said he plans to "close the gunshow loophold". That way terrorists won't be able to buy guns at gunshows.

I suspect McCain will sign an AWB as part of a bigger crime bill if the Democrats send it to his desk.

We are pretty well screwed no matter which one of the turkey's get elected.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's an outcry in my area soon, after the FBI, STL County SWAT team, police from multiple municipalities, Marine armored vehicle all converged on the guy who set his car on fire, then ambushed the responders. One fireman is dead, 2 officers shot. They still don't know why it happened, but the demands to confiscate guns will be starting soon. Right now the area is in shock.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    McCain said he plans to "close the gunshow loophold". That way terrorists won't be able to buy guns at gunshows.

I suspect McCain will sign an AWB as part of a bigger crime bill if the Democrats send it to his desk.

We are pretty well screwed no matter which one of the turkey's get elected.
    Absolutely true. How many times have you heard people say that they have to vote for Random Republican Gun Grabber #54 because the Democrat would be even worse? I swear, McCain could come out in favor of adding all handguns to the NFA and most Republicans would still vote for him.

It makes them feel like they're stemming the tide of gun grabbing or something, I guess.

Vepr
    I remember getting yelled at for saying this before but voting for the lesser of two evils still gets you evil. I don't expect a candidate to line up with me on every issue but since the 90's the republicans aren't even coming close anymore. Fiscal conservatives do not have a party anymore. I am not a true libertarian but I line up closer with them on many issues than I do republicans so that is how I have voted in the last 3 presidential elections. We need another viable conservative party because the republicans are not longer the answer in my opinion.

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by Vepr View Post
    I remember getting yelled at for saying this before but voting for the lesser of two evils still gets you evil. I don't expect a candidate to line up with me on every issue but since the 90's the republicans aren't even coming close anymore. Fiscal conservatives do not have a party anymore. I am not a true libertarian but I line up closer with them on many issues than I do republicans so that is how I have voted in the last 3 presidential elections. We need another viable conservative party because the republicans are not longer the answer in my opinion.
    I think you hit the nail on the head. The Republicans aren't even close any more.