Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Rasmussen : 73 percent say GOP leaders have lost touch with Republican base 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    I know what the first 50 comments below are going to say if I don’t say it here first, so here you go: Only 73 percent?

President Obama told an audience at a Democratic Party fundraiser Wednesday night that Republicans often “do what they’re told,” but GOP voters don’t think their legislators listen enough to them.

Just 15% of Republicans who plan to vote in 2012 state primaries say the party’s representatives in Congress have done a good job of representing Republican values.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 73% think Republicans in Congress have lost touch...

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/10/2...publican-base/

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    I was listening to a Liberal talk program a week or so ago whose host was saying there would be a major schism in the Republican party between those considering themselves to be conservatives and evangelicals and those who consider themselves to be moderates. I thought it to be wishful thinking on his part.

Numbers like this make me wonder.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    I was listening to a Liberal talk program a week or so ago whose host was saying there would be a major schism in the Republican party between those considering themselves to be conservatives and evangelicals and those who consider themselves to be moderates. I thought it to be wishful thinking on his part.

Numbers like this make me wonder.
    Don't sweat it. There are not as many 'moderates' as they would have you believe - and they aughta know full well if they go - they will have even less influence cause the left isn't going to listen . . . .
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Don't sweat it. There are not as many 'moderates' as they would have you believe - and they aughta know full well if they go - they will have even less influence cause the left isn't going to listen . . . .
    Independents, libertarians , moderates or whatever you want to call them make up around 30% with the other 2/3 split between D's & R's. In order for either party to win a National election, they have to get the majority of the independent vote. Those 73% in that poll sure as hell do not like what Obama and the Democrats are peddling. The Repubs can count on the majority of them voting Republican in a national election if they put up a good candidate that want less government, less taxes, no public option, etc. Jobs and the economy will determine the elections in the future. Local races are a different animal as some Independents might replace an incumbent of either party.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Independents, libertarians , moderates or whatever you want to call them make up around 30% with the other 2/3 split between D's & R's. In order for either party to win a National election, they have to get the majority of the independent vote. Those 73% in that poll sure as hell do not like what Obama and the Democrats are peddling. The Repubs can count on the majority of them voting Republican in a national election if they put up a good candidate that want less government, less taxes, no public option, etc. Jobs and the economy will determine the elections in the future. Local races are a different animal as some Independents might replace an incumbent of either party.
    dumbass - read what is written - the discussion is about 'moderates' in the GOP. And with 30% of the vote being not dem or GOP that does not make them moderates.

I'm probably a moderate by most ways of reckoning but I won't be voting for a Democrat in any national or state race.

I think the definition of moderate varies depending on who you are talking to or talking about.

I remember the discussion here in the primaries in the 2008 presidential election. I also remember how the preferred conservative candidates eventually fell by the wayside. That was my first major election where I totally had left the Democratic party as far as my core political beliefs.

I admit to being baffled by the rancor between conservatives and moderates at the time. I mean, I don't mind political people knocking the bark off each other in the course of an election. To me that's normal. But there seems to be a process going on that is both interesting and a little scary.

I'm probably a moderate by most ways of reckoning but I won't be voting for a Democrat in any national or state race.

I think the definition of moderate varies depending on who you are talking to or talking about.

I remember the discussion here in the primaries in the 2008 presidential election. I also remember how the preferred conservative candidates eventually fell by the wayside. That was my first major election where I totally had left the Democratic party as far as my core political beliefs.

I admit to being baffled by the rancor between conservatives and moderates at the time. I mean, I don't mind political people knocking the bark off each other in the course of an election. To me that's normal. But there seems to be a process going on that is both interesting and a little scary.
    I like the idea of a three party system. :)

I like the idea of a three party system. :)
    Three or more. It will be a hard thing to accomplish though.

Banned
    dumbass - read what is written - the discussion is about 'moderates' in the GOP. And with 30% of the vote being not dem or GOP that does not make them moderates.
    At least I don't write like a dumb ass union teacher. Plus, if you do not like my slight departure from the subject matter, you can go f. yourself.
    Last edited by lacarnut; 10-23-2009 at 12:41 AM.

Three or more. It will be a hard thing to accomplish though.
    I think the Conservative party would be looking real good right now. But it can't stray! You are either a conservative or a moonbat, no middle ground!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.