Thread: N-Word Bouncy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 N-Word Bouncy 
    Who wants to do the bong rating? :D

Cyrano (1000+ posts) Mon Jul-21-08 02:10 PM
    Original message
    What do you do when someone uses the N word?

So I just got back from having a sandwich and a beer in this blue collar bar that I frequent which makes the best corned beef, and has the toughest barmaid, in South Florida.

Two guys that I’ve never seen before came in, sat down a few stools away from me and began discussing Obama. They weren’t talking too loudly, but loud enough for many sitting at the bar to hear. (It’s one of those oval shaped bars like they had in “Cheers.”) Within a few minutes, one of them used the N word.

A few people glanced at them and a few others, me included, stared at them. I don’t know whether or not they noticed, but within another minute, out popped the N word again.

(I need to mention that Palm Beach County is predominantly liberal and it’s extremely unusual to hear the N word in public, -- even in some of the worst dumps you can find.)

While I’m usually one to steer clear of confrontation, I was pissed and a couple of carpenters, whom I know casually, were looking really pissed.

The situation could have gotten very ugly, but the barmaid put an immediate end to it. Taking away the mugs of beer she’d served them, she told them to leave. They both looked stunned and one of them said, “What the hell you talking about?”

“I’m talking about both of you leaving right now,” she replied. There were a couple of beats of total silence and then they both got up and left.

One guy got up and went to the window to be sure they were driving away. (A lot of people in Florida carry guns.)

It was fortunate that Gail (the barmaid) ended it peacefully. But my real question is, what do you do when you hear someone use the N word? I know that where and when it’s used might influence what you might or might not do. But in what might be called a totally neutral situation (like overhearing someone in a mall food court use it) would you say something?
    I'd give it half a bong because it started with "so" but there were no conversions and no cops jumping out of bushes. Pathetic.

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x3653423
    They're not people, they're hippies!! -Cartman

It is nothing against you to fall down flat, but to lie there - that's disgrace

I would almost rate this as true because the sackless worm let a frigging WAITRESS stand up and be the tough guy so he wouldn't get his nancy ass handed to him.

But then I remember that DUmmies lie. All the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Junebug68 View Post

I'd give it half a bong because it started with "so" but there were no conversions and no cops jumping out of bushes. Pathetic.

It may not merit half a bong. I find it hard to believe anyone would put out cold hard cash for a mug of beer just to have it taken away and told to leave. Especially without a damn good explanation.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

If it had been a couple of bruthas using the word, the DUmp monkeys would be cheering them.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

Banned
    I give it a 1/4 bong. Been kicked out of a couple of joints for being rowdy and another time for dancing with the owner's girl friend too many times. I finished my drink and/or took it with me. The second part about one of his asshole buddies looking out the window to make sure these guys don't come back with guns blazing is so off the wall. If they had gotten their asses whipped, that might have been a possibility but that part of their story is an Alice in Wonderland fable.

Quote Originally Posted by Junebug68 View Post

Hey, the DUmp should be cheering since they two guys didn't call Obama a muslim. They need to take a victory where they can get it
    Thanks to SarasotaRepub for your help! :D

So, what color were the 2 guys?

"No bongs... and no beers for you!"
    The N-word Nazi.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

When I hear someone say ******, I really don't give a shit. I use it, myself when talking about a ******. It's all about usage. I refuse to use the term "N-Word". I refuse to get offended over words like Honky and Cracker. It's all bullshit. It's like my old man told me a long time ago. "All blacks ain't ******s and all ******s ain't black."

As long as you're not talking about me, I don't really care what you say. I just can't manufacture outrage, I'm sorry.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

It started with "So...", was more than a paragraph long and the DUmmie appears to be somewhat literate. I'll give it one bong.