Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Obama offers millions in Muslim technology fund 
    Story Here

The White House Friday highlighted a new multi-million-dollar technology fund for Muslim nations, following a pledge made by President Barack Obama in his landmark speech to the Islamic world.
    The White House said the US Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC) had issued a call for proposals for the fund, which will provide financing of between 25 and 150 million dollars for selected projects and funds.

The Global Technology and Innovation Fund will "catalyze and facilitate private sector investments" throughout Asia, the Middle East and Africa, the White House said in a statement.
    this got me ...

Eligible projects would advance economic opportunity and create jobs in areas like technology, education, telecoms, media, business services and clean technology, the White House said.
    It should read ...
    Eligible projects would advance economic opportunity and create jobs in areas like terrorism, bioterrorism, nuclear terrorism, and radicalist propaganda-ism.

Terrorists just love to get a Western education and then use it against us.

Sorry, (actually I'm not sorry for saying it), that 150 million could have gone either back into our pockets with lower taxes (thus helping us all and helping the economy here) or it could have been spent on educating and helping Americans here at home.
    If leftists didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards at all.

Muslims looking out for Muslims.. No surprises here...
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

You do realize that there is more to combatting terrorism then just killing them right?

Sorry, (actually I'm not sorry for saying it), that 150 million could have gone either back into our pockets with lower taxes (thus helping us all and helping the economy here) or it could have been spent on educating and helping Americans here at home.
    It's market money, not tax dollars.
    Last edited by djones520; 10-24-2009 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    You do realize that there is more to combatting terrorism then just killing them right?
    The ol' 'win their hearts and minds' ploy, eh? Doesn't work.
    Helping them economically and with technology doesn't work either.
    Flooding their countries with Coke and blue jeans might.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOldLady View Post
    If you think bombing the hell out of their countries, and then leaving them in their rubble is going to do anything to help curtail future generations of terrorism is the way to go, then I'm glad you're not the one prosecuting the war.

More developed countries like Kuwait, UAE, and Qatar are key allies in our effort to win this war. Helping to put the lesser developed Islamic countries on the same level will help as well.

If you think bombing the hell out of their countries, and then leaving them in their rubble is going to do anything to help curtail future generations of terrorism is the way to go, then I'm glad you're not the one prosecuting the war.

More developed countries like Kuwait, UAE, and Qatar are key allies in our effort to win this war. Helping to put the lesser developed Islamic countries on the same level will help as well.
    These people are heathens.. There is no appeasing them.. All they want is YOU dead! Their holy book controls their hearts and minds, and it considers you the infidel and says that you don't deserve to live if you don't worship the pedophile Muhammad..

They can't kill us if they're dead...
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stsinner View Post
    These people are heathens.. There is no appeasing them.. All they want is YOU dead! Their holy book controls their hearts and minds, and it considers you the infidel and says that you don't deserve to live if you don't worship the pedophile Muhammad..

They can't kill us if they're dead...
    As I said above... I'm glad people like you aren't the one running the war.

As I said above... I'm glad people like you aren't the one running the war.
    Yeah, because I'd actually be killing them and not forcing our soldiers to be social workers and refusing to give the field commanders the troops and equipment they need.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOldLady View Post
    true. You have to win the culture war with them first.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

If you think bombing the hell out of their countries, and then leaving them in their rubble is going to do anything to help curtail future generations of terrorism is the way to go, then I'm glad you're not the one prosecuting the war..
    And where did I say that? No where.
    My kind of war would be to flood them with Coke and blue jeans. Rock music too.

Oh .. and we don't 'bomb the hell out of their countries and leave them in their rubble'.
    Ever see Yokohama? We bombed the hell out of the enemy and then rebuilt it for them. Even better.
    Bagdad. Same thing.

Even Obama calls Afghanistan a 'war of necessity'.
    Wish he'd get off his butt and either win the damn thing or pull out.
    This half assed middle road is dead wrong.