• New York Yankees

7 38.89%
  • Philadelphia Phillies

7 38.89%
  • For those who can't choose...the Joooooooooos

4 22.22%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by expat-pattaya View Post
    I lean towards a yankees win. They have home field, better bullpen, and near equal lineup to the phillies.

The phillies have an edge in starting pitching (which is amazing considering 2 months ago their starters looked very suspect).

It will be a tough series I think. Both teams have the cajones to win it and both are playing well right now.

I think Yanks in 7 but too close to bet the ranch on.
    Agree with you. I'm not really into it, still too discouraged about the Cards, so guess I'm neutral in the series now. There's always next year, though.

Did you hear that Mark McGwire is returning to the Cards as the batting coach? LaRussa agreed to a one year contract for next year. I guess part of LaRussa's condition to return was to get McGwire to help beef up our offense.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Agree with you. I'm not really into it, still too discouraged about the Cards, so guess I'm neutral in the series now. There's always next year, though.

Did you hear that Mark McGwire is returning to the Cards as the batting coach? LaRussa agreed to a one year contract for next year. I guess part of LaRussa's condition to return was to get McGwire to help beef up our offense.
    Well, I hope they resign Holliday. That helps the offense more than anything. :D

The first couple of interviews for Mac will be brutal. Guess he has to get past it somehow.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post

HEY HEY HEY the phills downed the dodgers I would expect a little gratitude. :D

There are so many factors to consider but the main one for me is the Phils winning 1 in NY. Citizens Bank Park isn't quite the launching pad Yankee Stadium is and this plays into the Phillies' favor. The Phils have a penchant to hit most of their home runs to right center and left center. The Yanks pull a lot of the HR's. You will not see a homerun hit on a broken bat like you would in NY. The other factor here is Cole Hamels. If he can gather himself and pitch like he's capable of, the Yanks are in trouble. As for a #3, I'd pitch Pedro and save Blanton for game 4 unless Manuel wants to peg Lee to pitch games 1, 4, & 7. As for the Yanks, their pitching doesn't scare me at all. We beat up Sabathia in the LDS last year so we know we can hit him. Should be a good series.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    There are so many factors to consider but the main one for me is the Phils winning 1 in NY. Citizens Bank Park isn't quite the launching pad Yankee Stadium is and this plays into the Phillies' favor. The Phils have a penchant to hit most of their home runs to right center and left center. The Yanks pull a lot of the HR's. You will not see a homerun hit on a broken bat like you would in NY. The other factor here is Cole Hamels. If he can gather himself and pitch like he's capable of, the Yanks are in trouble. As for a #3, I'd pitch Pedro and save Blanton for game 4 unless Manuel wants to peg Lee to pitch games 1, 4, & 7. As for the Yanks, their pitching doesn't scare me at all. We beat up Sabathia in the LDS last year so we know we can hit him. Should be a good series.
    I think the lynch pin is the Phills bullpen, they have been improving and if they can hold on we should win in 6 games.

Banned
    WENSDAY COME ALREADY :D

Going to be quite a pitchers duel. I just hope the phills 1 week off hasnt put any rust on them.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Phillies in 6.

I think there will be a lot of home runs.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Phillies in 6.

I think there will be a lot of home runs.
    Yankees in 6.

There will be alot of home runs!!:D

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

It's On. Like Donkey Kong.

Two hours. Pat, better start drinking now. You're gonna need it.

Phillies in 5. I feel you J-ROLL.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    First World series game in the New Yankee Stadium.

Wow.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!