Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Patent Member
    VOR: Could you explain how the second law is false? Or at least provide some reading materials?

I think my favorite liberal arguments are those that require using oceans as a basis for solar collectors and vast fields of wind farms.

Do these idiots have any idea what kind of havoc that would play on our ecosystem? Stop heat from entering large areas of the ocean, great idea. Lets see how fast that would screw up the tides and currents. And putting up fields of turbines to collect wind energy, I'm sure that would have no effect at all on weather patterns.

Both these solutions and the "human energy" proposal suffer the same problem, they don't provide base load power. We don't have huge batteries for storing lots of electricity, so power has to be provided constantly to be available whenever there is demand. Non base load producing stations would require a huge infrastructure investment - beyond the actual wind turbines or solar panels - to provide energy storage during offpeak times.

Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    VOR: Could you explain how the second law is false? Or at least provide some reading materials?
    I can't point you at any literature, because the theory is my own. I could explain it, but it's long and complex and delves into complicated matters of metaphysics, and it's not really germane to this thread. But it's true :)

I think my favorite liberal arguments are those that require using oceans as a basis for solar collectors and vast fields of wind farms.
    I've actually heard some promising ideas making use of the temperature gradient between the ocean surface and the depths.

Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post

Do these idiots have any idea what kind of havoc that would play on our ecosystem? Stop heat from entering large areas of the ocean, great idea. Lets see how fast that would screw up the tides and currents. And putting up fields of turbines to collect wind energy, I'm sure that would have no effect at all on weather patterns.

Both these solutions and the "human energy" proposal suffer the same problem, they don't provide base load power. We don't have huge batteries for storing lots of electricity, so power has to be provided constantly to be available whenever there is demand. Non base load producing stations would require a huge infrastructure investment - beyond the actual wind turbines or solar panels - to provide energy storage during offpeak times.
    Not to mention the effect on animals. But then, thinking that is coherent, logical, rational and intelligent is as foreign to DUmp monkeys as basic science.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    I could explain it, but it's long and complex and delves into complicated matters of metaphysics, and it's not really germane to this thread. But it's true :)
    I'll have to remember this quote for future arguments. ;)

I thought we already had these set up and ready to go at our camps, uh, er I mean our "Rural Exercise Facilties" Did somebody leak.

I want to put tiny genertors under the keys of DUmmmies keyboards. Then their posting would have some value. (Aside from the intrinsic comedic value of course.:D)

Ok. I'm convinced. I'm putting all my neighbors in human sized hamster wheels! I just need to figure out a way to trick them all in to getting in without suspecting anything...

What happens if you feed a DUer after midnight?

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

May I suggest Cheetos and weed as bait? :)

I have an even better idea. How about generating electricity from the movement of the keys on the DUer's keyboards? First of all, how much of the pressure you put on the keys is actually needed to produce a letter? I'm taking an educated guess and saying that you waste at least half of the force exerted. So, taking into consideration how many lefties there are in this world, (at least according to their estimates) -- and the fact that they post so much on message boards -- all we have to do is come up with a keyboard that transforms the wasted energy into electricity, and we'd be on our way to lighting the whole west coast. Now you add into the equation that rabid libs are almost always enraged when they post, which obviously exerts additional pressure on the keys, and we'd have some left over to add back to the grid. The only thing we'd have to ensure, is that they wipe the cheetoh dust from their fingertips, as I'm sure that takes away from the coefficient of the friction and may cause the fingertips to exert an unequal or lessened force on impact.

On further review of this thread, I see that FDK already came up with this idea. Which proves that conservatives are far ahead of liberals with ideas on energy that actually make sense.
    Last edited by Lager; 07-22-2008 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Edited after seeing FDK's post.

SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE