1. #1 Suicidal Dude Changes Mind. Darwin Unimpressed. 
    The guy is still technically alive but I'll watch for updates.

Man Decides Not to Jump Off Ledge, Then Falls

By Derek Kravitz
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Sunday, July 20, 2008; C05

A patient at George Washington University Hospital fell from a fifth-story ledge overlooking New Hampshire Avenue in Northwest Washington yesterday afternoon after threatening to jump for several hours, police said.

The man climbed onto the ledge about 12:15 p.m. and for four hours paced and peered at the ground. He fell just before 4:10 p.m. after trying to climb down. The man lost his footing as he tried to move down the building and briefly hung off the ledge by only his hands before falling feet first.

His body partially hit the concrete and a large inflatable air mattress police had set up while trying to coax him down, police said.

A crowd of about 20 people were horrified as they watched the scene unfold.

"When he fell, there was just a large gasp, like, 'Whoa,' " said Mike Adeniran, a 20-year-old junior at George Washington University.

The man, whose name was not immediately released by police, was still breathing at the scene, readmitted to the hospital and listed in critical condition, said Officer Josh Aldiva, a department spokesman.

The man had been taken to the hospital yesterday after being involved in a car accident.
    Oops!

Power CUer
    Lots of "ledge" activity in Washington yesterday.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...=moreheadlines

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    I love the scene from Lethal Weapon where Mel makes the guy jump with him.:D If you really want to jump, just jump already.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Patent Member
    I've always wanted to climb out on a ledge just for the chance to jump into one of those huge air mattresses. Then I worry about accidentally slipping and killing myself.

Maybe I can break into a summer camp where they have those things inflated in the middle of a lake...