1. #1 So, if breast feeding in public is okay, what about breast-pumping 
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x6893772
    Orrex (1000+ posts) Fri Oct-30-09 08:23 PM
    Original message
    So, if breast feeding in public is okay, what about breast-pumping
    That is, using a pump to extract milk for use later.

What say you?
    For years we managed to survive with some areas of our bodies considered private but I guess those days are gone. :eek:

I can see breast feeding because it HAS to be done at that time and there is no way around it. But you can pump at home and bring the bottle along for consumption later.
    If leftists didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards at all.

while we're on this topic, i saw something the other day about new studies showing that breast milk is different at different times of day. i just skimmed it [no pun intended] but it said that if babies are given milk that was pumped in the morning at a night feeding, they won't sleep well. i thought that was interesting.

not sure if 'night milk' makes babies sleepy, but if it does, think of the commercial potential for selling it to those who use formula.

O verly
    B oastful
    A bout
    M inor
    A ccomplishments

Quote Originally Posted by JackKetch View Post
    while we're on this topic, i saw something the other day about new studies showing that breast milk is different at different times of day. i just skimmed it [no pun intended] but it said that if babies are given milk that was pumped in the morning at a night feeding, they won't sleep well. i thought that was interesting.

not sure if 'night milk' makes babies sleepy, but if it does, think of the commercial potential for selling it to those who use formula.
    If it is true they will isolate the compound with the sleep inducing properties and synthesize it.