1. #1 "Calculator Abuse" 
    ABC News

White House officials heralded the unparalleled transparency in reporting job numbers to the public, but acknowledged there is no consistent standard across states or localities, or among federal agencies giving out stimulus funds, in differentiating between a “saved” job and a “created” job.

The White House argues that the actual job number is actually larger than 640,000 -- closer to 1 million jobs when one factors in stimulus jobs added in October and, more importantly, jobs created indirectly, such as "the waitress who's still on the job," Vice President Biden said today.

So let's see. Assuming their number is right -- 160 billion divided by 1 million. Does that mean the stimulus costs taxpayers $160,000 per job?

Jared Bernstein, chief economist and senior economic advisor to the vice president, called that "calculator abuse."

He said the cost per job was actually $92,000 -- but acknowledged that estimate is for the whole stimulus package as of the end of 2010.
    So taxpayers (that's us) paid somewhere between $160,000 to $92,000 per job that was ALLEGEDLY saved with the faux-stimulus packages that went out??

This whole thing is a cluster-f. :mad:
    If leftists didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards at all.

Banned
    I am sure that the 15 million that are unemployed or are underemployed are jumping for joy with the announcement by the W.H. Had Bush came out with that stupidity, the liberal media would have ripped him a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOldLady View Post
    ABC News

So taxpayers (that's us) paid somewhere between $160,000 to $92,000 per job that was ALLEGEDLY saved with the faux-stimulus packages that went out??

This whole thing is a cluster-f. :mad:
    Good point. Worse, look at the cost of the "saved" jobs versus the "value" of the job. What waitress makes 92-160K per year? Thsnks for nothing you worthless scum. And by that I mean ALL politicians but especially DUMmycRATS who shove this manure down our throats since FDR.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

4. #4 Outrageous Humor re Stimulus Package 
    I saw a FUNNY, one-minute interview slamming Stimulus on NBC’s Phoenix affiliate.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/...id=47100789001

These guys are really good.! Watch the pork roll by as Obama lectures Go to Stimuluscigars.com. Click on news.

Let's Find at least some humor to help us through this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by quepiensa View Post
    I saw a FUNNY, one-minute interview slamming Stimulus on NBC’s Phoenix affiliate.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/...id=47100789001

These guys are really good.! Watch the pork roll by as Obama lectures Go to Stimuluscigars.com. Click on news.

Let's Find at least some humor to help us through this mess.
    Welcome to our humble planet!:)

Hilarious. I signed up on the www.stimuluscigars.com website for the Nancy Pelosi box thing. I think I'm gonna send a couple boxes out for Xmas to my fellow buddies. Actually, I'm gonna send them to my Obama groupie friends too...that otta be fun!