Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Go 
    How is the turnout in Va/NJ/NY23?
    ________
    Medical marijuana
    Last edited by obx; 03-21-2011 at 05:41 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by obx View Post
    How is the turnout in Va/NJ/NY23?
    I dont think anyone knows this early.

Power CUer
    It was very light in our precinct in Northern VA this morning, but we were there pretty early. The polls opened at six, we got there at 6:35, and I was #28 to vote.

There were electronic machines if we wanted, but the default was to hand us a folder with the paper ballot inside. Some people have guessed it's about the swine flu, but why it helps to have us all using the same five pens instead of tapping at the same five keyboards, I don't know.

I voted all "R" with just one exception; one of the candidates is someone I know personally and have detested for some time, and I would prefer that he not get further along to his real goal, the governorship.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    It was very light in our precinct in Northern VA this morning, but we were there pretty early. The polls opened at six, we got there at 6:35, and I was #28 to vote.

There were electronic machines if we wanted, but the default was to hand us a folder with the paper ballot inside. Some people have guessed it's about the swine flu, but why it helps to have us all using the same five pens instead of tapping at the same five keyboards, I don't know.

I voted all "R" with just one exception; one of the candidates is someone I know personally and have detested for some time, and I would prefer that he not get further along to his real goal, the governorship.
    For the life of me I can not understand why any state or county has paper ballots. That is so 3rd world country to me.

Power CUer
    I was quite surprised to see them; we've voted electronically-only for years.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

I'd love to see NY23 go Conservative Party.
    That would sure give the dems and the faux-republicans a nasty headache !!
    If leftists didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards at all.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I was quite surprised to see them; we've voted electronically-only for years.
    As far as I know, Louisiana has used electronic voting machines for over 40 years. I have never voted by paper ballot.

Power CUer
    I used to vote by paper ballot when I lived on the North Shore in Massachusetts, 30 years ago. Boston had the lever system. This was the first time I'd seen a paper ballot in.... decades.

That's all we do over here in Teh Yuk. I don't think we use mechanical or electronic means anywhere.

The main advantage is the integrity of the count or recount can be proven with a physical record, as far as I can tell.

New Jersey - ACORN wants to tip NJ to democrats
    Wonder how much pull they have?
    If leftists didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards at all.