Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    tekisui (1000+ posts) Tue Nov-03-09 07:06 PM
    Original message
    Are RePukes Really Gonna Strut Over a Couple Gubernatorial Races in an Off Year?
    Edited on Tue Nov-03-09 07:06 PM by tekisui

They went from a full majority of the House, Senate and the White House to a minority in all three in just two years(2006-2008). And, now they are going to look at a few gubernatorial races as a national trend? Give me a break.

2010 starts tomorrow.
    Hey stupid, "strut" NO. Take stock, yes. You may proceed to be a complete idiot and minimize the message. That actually works best for Conservatives. Remaining stupid is expected of all DUmmycRATS.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

nevermind .. i had a great picture but it's not posting.
    If leftists didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards at all.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Michigan will probably have a republican governor after next year's election. That doesn't mean Michigan won't go for Obama in 2012. Michigan voted for Clinton during the Engler administration, and Detroit has turned up big in the last 3 or 4 elections, which they didn't do in the 80s or early 90s.

The dems don't have a strong candidate, since Dennis Archer opted out of the running. I'd like to see Wayne County prosecutor Kym Worthy make a run for it, but she is not so well-known outside of metro Detroit (except as the woman who took Kwame down), and may choose to run for AG first, if she has higher ambitions. Debbie Stabenow is pretty popular as a Senator and probably wouldn't leave to run for governor, and Levin may be retiring from the Senate, but he will be retiring overall, most likely.

The GOP has one pretty strong candidate (Hoekstra), a wild card (Nugent) and an over-reaching adulterer (Cox). I was hoping Terri Lynn Land would run, because I would have probably crossed party lines and voted for her in both the primary and the general, unless the dems find a better candidate.

Detroit had a mayoral election yesterday, and a city council election. The ex-cop who sued the city and exposed Kwame (Gary Brown) had the second-most votes for city council. A lot of incumbents lost their seats, and three of the good ones kept theirs. Dave Bing won a term as mayor.
    Hoekstra FTW. It just sucks that I'll be losing him as a Rep.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Hoekstra FTW. It just sucks that I'll be losing him as a Rep.

Where are you from???? Pete is a GREAT candidate!
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

People are sick of both political parties. However, the GOP is in a better position to take advantage of the current political mood. If they want these off year elections not to be a fluke, they need to start adhering to a limited government, deficit reducing, lower tax platform and nominate candidates that actually follow these principles and not just provide occasional lip service to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    Where are you from???? Pete is a GREAT candidate!
    Manistee is my current home of record. I grew up more in the Traverse City area though.

Manistee is my current home of record. I grew up more in the Traverse City area though.
    I spend a LOT of time up in your area - both Traverse and Manistee. I fish the Boardman river 4-5 times a year and the Manistee River about a dozen times.

I practically grew up on the East Bay where 4 mile hits the water. That was LONG before the Hotels ruined it. There used to be a launch there and a vacant lot. We would camp right there and go fishing from sun up to sun down. EVERY single weekend in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    I spend a LOT of time up in your area - both Traverse and Manistee. I fish the Boardman river 4-5 times a year and the Manistee River about a dozen times.

I practically grew up on the East Bay where 4 mile hits the water. That was LONG before the Hotels ruined it. There used to be a launch there and a vacant lot. We would camp right there and go fishing from sun up to sun down. EVERY single weekend in the summer.
    I'm up here in Interlochen right now for my hunting trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampfox View Post
    People are sick of both political parties. However, the GOP is in a better position to take advantage of the current political mood. If they want these off year elections not to be a fluke, they need to start adhering to a limited government, deficit reducing, lower tax platform and nominate candidates that actually follow these principles and not just provide occasional lip service to them.
    That would be nice wouldn't it!

I'm up here in Interlochen right now for my hunting trip.

I'll be over near Lake City in about a week!