Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Do you stick by your whiskey (whisky)? 
    What my beer says about me is wrong, but how about your hard stuff?

Jack Daniels was my whiskey of choice, before I went on a tour of their distillery.

I also went on a tour of the George Dickel distillery, and found that I like George more than Jack...it's smoother, higher proof and cheaper.

This is unusual for me, as I'm a long time fan of Jack and I tend to get pretty set with what I like in alcohol.

Do you stick by your hard liquor or have you ever suddenly changed when exposed to something else?

rm -rf obama*

Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    What my beer says about me is wrong, but how about your hard stuff?

Jack Daniels was my whiskey of choice, before I went on a tour of their distillery.

I also went on a tour of the George Dickel distillery, and found that I like George more than Jack...it's smoother, higher proof and cheaper.

This is unusual for me, as I'm a long time fan of Jack and I tend to get pretty set with what I like in alcohol.

Do you stick by your hard liquor or have you ever suddenly changed when exposed to something else?
    When I drank it was Wild Turkey 101 or Crown Royal. When I was slumming it was Jim Beam.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    When I drank it was Wild Turkey 101 or Crown Royal. When I was slumming it was Jim Beam.
    I agree that Jim Beam is slumming. I could do the Crown, but the Turkey is not for me.

But, was one of them your absolute "favorite"? You know, like you were somewhat disappointed if they said "We don't have Wild Turkey"?

rm -rf obama*

I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

I hate HR Corporate Scum patriot45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    I agree that Jim Beam is slumming. I could do the Crown, but the Turkey is not for me.

But, was one of them your absolute "favorite"? You know, like you were somewhat disappointed if they said "We don't have Wild Turkey"?
    Don't usually drink whiskey, but at my son in laws house I wont turn down a Makers Mark over ice to sip on! :D

:Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
    I wondered why the rock was getting larger. Then it hit me.

I'm just a good time girl in terms of whiskey. I'll try whatever is being served although rye is getting really popular here lately and I kind of like it.

Truthfully, I probably cook with whiskey more than I drink it. :o

Power CUer
    Welcome to the world of Dickel. I've had that as the "house brand" for years. I used to drink Wild Turkey, but I find it harsh in comparison. In bourbons, I like Blanton's; I find both Jack and Jim too "sweet".
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post

LOL!

I don't really drink much, but I always keep a small bottle of Southern Comfort around in case of a bad cold or something. It was always my favorite in college-straight up, no mixers.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    LOL!

I don't really drink much, but I always keep a small bottle of Southern Comfort around in case of a bad cold or something. It was always my favorite in college-straight up, no mixers.
    In the Navy, I drank it straight, but now I mix with Mountain Dew. Good stuff.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    In the Navy, I drank it straight, but now I mix with Mountain Dew. Good stuff.
    OMG, I can FEEL the enamel falling off my teeth, in shards. :eek:
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken