Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by stsinner View Post
    What the hell are you talking about? The previews promise of of the best CGI efforts to date!
    Lol.

I don't remember the effects; all I know is the premise is as retarded as "The Day After Tomorrow." And CGI effects almost always look like something out of a Saturday Morning Cartoon (see the Star Wars prequels, Pirates of the Carribean).

Mind you, there are exceptions, but even Lord of the Rings had obvious CGI. I look forward to the day when it can actually be convincing. In the meantime, I go to the movies for a good overall experience, which includes character development and story--and excludes drivel like Transformers, G.I. Joe, and probably 2012.

I'll grant that blowing up a Muslim landmark would at least have made the movie somewhat worth watching, however fake it looked in the process. I would have waited for the DVD, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanyou View Post
    Lol.

I don't remember the effects; all I know is the premise is as retarded as "The Day After Tomorrow." And CGI effects almost always look like something out of a Saturday Morning Cartoon (see the Star Wars prequels, Pirates of the Carribean).

Mind you, there are exceptions, but even Lord of the Rings had obvious CGI. I look forward to the day when it can actually be convincing. In the meantime, I go to the movies for a good overall experience, which includes character development and story--and excludes drivel like Transformers, G.I. Joe, and probably 2012.

I'll grant that blowing up a Muslim landmark would at least have made the movie somewhat worth watching, however fake it looked in the process. I would have waited for the DVD, though.

Duly noted. I just wait for movies to come out on DVD, and that way I'm not mad that I spent the $50 it costs to go sit in a theater being disturbed by some rude jackass that won't shut up behind you...
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!