Hybrid View

1. #1 Iowa Cat Gets Swine Flu 

Huffington Post

DES MOINES, Iowa — A 13-year-old Iowa cat has been infected with swine flu, veterinary and federal officials said Wednesday, and it is believed to be the first case of the H1N1 virus in a feline.

The domestic shorthaired cat was treated last week at Iowa State University College of Veterinary Medicine in Ames and has recovered, officials said. The virus also has been confirmed in two ferrets – one in Oregon and the other in Nebraska – but they died.

"We've known certainly it's possible this could happen," said Centers for Disease Control and Prevention spokesman Tom Skinner. "This may be the first instance where we have documentation that transmission occurred involving cats or dogs."

Two weeks ago we asked the vet if dogs and cats could get this. I was told 'no'.
    Guess the vet was wrong.
    Last edited by bijou; 11-05-2009 at 09:48 AM. Reason: removed quote tags as per B/N format
    If leftists didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards at all.

I don't even know what to say. Does my cat have swine flu? Would I even care? :p

Power CUer
    Just another reason to detest the little buggers, as if I needed one.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Just another reason to detest the little buggers, as if I needed one.
    I like my cat but I really think of her as a combination of mobile decor and vermin eradicator. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I like my cat but I really think of her as a combination of mobile decor and vermin eradicator. :D

I love my cat, but she's nuts. I wouldn't be able to tell if she had swine flu-would it make her throw up? Miranda binges and purges daily when she's in the best of health. Would it make her lazy? She's 13, she's only active when the dog is chasing her.

If I don't get swine flu, my pets probably won't get it. They are indoor pets, and my cat never goes outside without being in a cage. And I'm not all that worred about getting it. I was exposed two weeks ago and didn't get sick. I think I had the swine flu last winter and now I'm immune.

Swine flu hits the lungs hard in a lot of people. I imagine it would be the same with the pet.
    Thats how you'd tell. Lathargy and lung problems.
    If leftists didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards at all.

Cat Gets Swine Flu
    You lie down with pigs,,.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

8. #8 Iowa Cat Gets Swine Flu 
    I didnt hear any swine flu updates this past few days.. maybe the flu is starting to gone down.
    Too lazy to set a custom title
    Public Beach