1. #1 Wonder if he requested a white doctor 
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=102x3335892

*Note that my comments in this post are a parody of DUmp monkey comments about conservatives who fall ill. I really have no ill wishes for Mr. Byrd.

Husb2Sparkly Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    Mon Jun-02-08 08:45 PM
    Original message
    Byrd Hospitalized in Falls Church, VA

Advertisements [?]
    Source: MSNBC, Breaking

Described as lethargic, feverish.

No link yet.
    Must've worn his hood out in the sun for too long and got heat stroke.

eleny Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    Mon Jun-02-08 08:47 PM
    Response to Original message
    1. I'm watching Keith, too. The old soul has been through a lot lately, no doubt

Feel better soon, Ole Byrd!
    Yeah, no doubt his old soul has been through lots of cross burnings and lynchings.

Husb2Sparkly Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    Mon Jun-02-08 08:51 PM
    Response to Reply #1
    3. I can't take two old lions at the same time

They both better damned well be back at work on Monday.

I felt really bad with the Kennedy news. This new news is more than I want to handle.
    I'm sure that as long as they keep those n****r doctors away from him, Byrd will be right as rain Monday morning.

maddezmom DU Moderator Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    Mon Jun-02-08 08:57 PM
    4. thoughts are with him Updated at 5:10 PM

hopefully it's just the flu or something.
    It's karma catching up to him.

kimsterdemster (210 posts)
    Mon Jun-02-08 09:01 PM
    6. Sweet Man...

the news of Teddy and his response was tear jerking, Sweet Man be well.
    He'll be fine. The old coot's got a lot more black people to hate.

tabasco Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    Mon Jun-02-08 09:04 PM
    9. Get well soon, Senator Byrd.

I don't agree with you on everything but I am proud to have you as my Senator.
    That's because you're white.

noonwitch
    There was an old guy in my neighborhood when I was a kid who needed heart surgery. The best heart surgeon in Grand Rapids at the time was an african-american. The old coot did not want a black surgeon, and refused for months to have surgery-this was in the 70s, before heart surgery became as routine as it is now. Finally, his wife told him if he didn't have the surgery with Dr. Jones, she was going to leave him. He had the surgery.

I don't think Byrd has any ties to the Klan anymore. He's really old, he was involved when he was young, and he's been apologetic about it ever since I can remember.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    There was an old guy in my neighborhood when I was a kid who needed heart surgery. The best heart surgeon in Grand Rapids at the time was an african-american. The old coot did not want a black surgeon, and refused for months to have surgery-this was in the 70s, before heart surgery became as routine as it is now. Finally, his wife told him if he didn't have the surgery with Dr. Jones, she was going to leave him. He had the surgery.

I don't think Byrd has any ties to the Klan anymore. He's really old, he was involved when he was young, and he's been apologetic about it ever since I can remember.

How in hell can all of these liberal cranks justify the adoration they pour on this old 'cross burner' ?He was and is KKK,they never change no matter what they say.They give 'old'bird a pass saying he has changed and is now a good man but if he were past Nazi S.S .they would hunt his ass all over the world .

Part of his 'charm' that gets him re-elected by some people over and over ,even though he is borderline senile, is his past KKK affiliation.

My favorite 'old' political critter is James Strom Thurmond (December 5, 1902 Ė June 26, 2003) .He is gone now ,may he R.I.P.My favorite story about him was how he touched up his graying white hair with brown shoe polish to save a buck.

He served from November 1956 to 1964 as a Democrat and from 1964 to 2003 as a Republican. He served as Senator through his 90s, and left office at age 100 as the oldest serving and longest-serving senator in U.S. history (although he was later surpassed in the latter by Robert C. Byrd).

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post

How in hell can all of these liberal cranks justify the adoration they pour on this old 'cross burner' ?He was and is KKK,they never change no matter what they say.They give 'old'bird a pass saying he has changed and is now a good man but if he were past Nazi S.S .they would hunt his ass all over the world .

Part of his 'charm' that gets him re-elected by some people over and over ,even though he is borderline senile, is his past KKK affiliation.

My favorite 'old' political critter is James Strom Thurmond (December 5, 1902 Ė June 26, 2003) .He is gone now ,may he R.I.P.My favorite story about him was how he touched up his graying white hair with brown shoe polish to save a buck.

He served from November 1956 to 1964 as a Democrat and from 1964 to 2003 as a Republican. He served as Senator through his 90s, and left office at age 100 as the oldest serving and longest-serving senator in U.S. history (although he was later surpassed in the latter by Robert C. Byrd).
    But Bush has to be facist because his grandfather leant money to the Germans in the 1930's.
    Thanks to SarasotaRepub for your help! :D