1. #1 Need to uninstall an operating system 
    My Dell laptop running Vista crashed on me a while back (surprise surprise) and I thought I lost everything so I reinstalled the operating system. Somehow, the computer recovered from the crash and the original OS was still intact and fine. I now have the option of running either system when I boot up. I would like to uninstall the second one but don't know how.

Any ideas?
    "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people.
    It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."
    -- John Adams

New hard drive.

Or buy a computer that works (Mac).

:D
    I like to shoot people with my CANON.

Quote Originally Posted by aerojarod View Post
    My Dell laptop running Vista crashed on me a while back (surprise surprise) and I thought I lost everything so I reinstalled the operating system. Somehow, the computer recovered from the crash and the original OS was still intact and fine. I now have the option of running either system when I boot up. I would like to uninstall the second one but don't know how.

Any ideas?
    I've never been able to successfully do this.. I run a dual boot Ubuntu/Windows XP system, but I've never seen the uninstall option for either, and I think that if you delete either partition you'll lose your boot-up sequence menu.
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

I hate to get started on this because you can spend a lot of time walking people through this stuff. The easiest way for a beginner to do this by themselves is to get a program like partition magic. I've used Dos and Linux discs to re-partition and set up a new boot manager but it is to hard to explain. I bought a copy of partition magic 7 years ago and have used it ever since. Here is a download link. I bought a hard copy with a book i like that the best.
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/...on-Magic.shtml

I think i'll just back up my files and go buy Windows 7 and start from scratch.

I keep getting these "Kernel Dump" crashes every few days with Vista.

Thanks for the input, folks.
    "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people.
    It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."
    -- John Adams