Hybrid View

1. #1 Democrat plan to reduce gas prices 
    Patent Member
    ...well, at least for the DNC

City gives DNC host committee pass on gas tax

The committee hosting the Democratic National Convention is using the city's gas pumps to fill up on fuel, avoiding state and federal highway taxes, officials said today.

"There's something there that just doesn't seem right to me because, in a sense, you're saying then that the officials who pass the laws are not willing to live by them, and that concerns me," Councilwoman Jeanne Faatz said.

Banned
    Does anyone know why the idea of a gasoline tax free summer was shot down by the Congress? It was because it would have cost the Highway Trust fund too much money ( 9 billions in revenues). which pays for highway construction, maintenance and mass transit. BTW, the fund is $10 billion short due to the acceleration of costs in materials and labor. So these hypocritical rich bastards are entitled to a free pass on gas taxes for a week. If the Repubs. are doing the same thing, I say shame on them also.

I would like to see the chickenshit Bush Admin. send a bill to the city of Denver for Federal Gasoline Taxes. It won't happen though. I also think the city does not have a right to wave federal gas taxes to a private enterprise. What's next? The national faggot convention get free gasoline taxes.
    Last edited by lacarnut; 07-23-2008 at 12:14 AM.