Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 DU = Islam good Christians bad 
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x6939415
    Brooklyns_Finest (504 posts) Thu Nov-05-09 09:05 PM
    Original message
    DU = Islam good Christians bad
    Now, my gut feeling tells me that this guy is a terrorist or terrorist sympathizers. I am not buying this PTSD angle that people here are trying to claim. The fact that the FBI was watching him before this event tells me that he is more like John Walker Lindh than anything else. However, that is not the point of my post. I really do not like the hypocrisy of many posters here. Christianity is constantly being attacked on this site. Sometimes fairly and sometimes unfairly. Gay rights being overturned, blame the Christians. Women are being mistreated, blame the Christians. Blackwater is running rampant in Iraq, blame the Christians.

Now that is all fine an dandy, but when a Muslim guy kills 12 service members, we can't talk about his religion. When a muslim guy runs over his daughter because she was being too American, we can't talk about his religion. When a muslim guy straps on a suicide pack and walks in to a diner, killing everyone, we can't talk about his religion.

Some of you people here are no better than the freepers.
    This will get interesting!:D

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Someone invite him here. :)
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

pettypace (426 posts) Thu Nov-05-09 09:10 PM
    Response to Original message
    16. The atrocity rundown:
    Muslims - 9/11

Christians - Atomic bombs, Holocaust, slavery, wiping out 20 million Native Americans, Crusades.

Just sayin
    Christ inspired the holocaust, slavery and atomic bombs?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Christ inspired the holocaust, slavery and atomic bombs?
    That idiot has got to be a middle school student.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    That idiot has got to be a middle school student.
    I know of one poster over there that is 14 years old and doesn't hide it. Children should not be allowed in a vile pit like DU.

MellowDem (1000+ posts) Thu Nov-05-09 09:21 PM
    45. It's because...
    at least domestically, Christianity is a great scapegoat for some narrowminded people on the left. Lots of people like to think in black and white about the world, and you'll find some on DU as well. It makes it easy to direct your anger and allows you to not think critically. Muslims are seen as victims because they are a minority here in the US. While the most virulent anti-Christian DUers no doubt can't stand Islam or any religion, they feel that by applying the same amount of bashing to Islam they would be somehow seen as bigoted or discriminatory, because Muslims are in a minority religion. Christianity is the big bad bully in America in terms of religion to them, so therefore they can "take it" so to speak.

Plus, you'll find many more instances of some Christian's beliefs clashing with the left's beliefs here in most DUers own personal lives and experiences just because of its prevalance in the US.

It's why the vast majority of responses to this story were "oh I hope the crazy conservatives and Christians don't go after all the Muslims". If it were a Christian psycho that went off, it would be "this is why religion kills" etc. etc.
    To much sense for a dem.

Bluenorthwest (1000+ posts) Thu Nov-05-09 09:22 PM
    46. Hey, hate monger.
    The Christians did overturn gay rights in CA and Maine, and they and you should be proud to take the blame for they spent much money and effort to do that wrong, when they could of course have been feeding and clothing the poor as instructed.
    They did it, they own it, and it will never be forgotten. Ever.
    Alert Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

dschis (128 posts) Thu Nov-05-09 09:56 PM
    Response to Reply #46
    105. Listen
    You will not be able to get real Bible reading Christian, or Jew or Muslim for that matter to accept "gay marriage". We invented marriage, laws concerning marriage were written from those various holy books.

Don't even try to say the Bible says nothing about it. I have about six in front of me (including copies of some old ones) If you want a marriagelike arrangement call it something else, heck start your religion. We'll keep telling you that you are sinning, but you will have to answer to Someone else about the consequences. But don't do like you accuse us of doing shoving you beliefs down our throats it won't work and might piss people off.

No one is who truly a worshiper of God will actually hate you, but will hate the sin.

The REALLY BIG issues that affect this country are not connected to gay rights.

I spent most of adult life defending the right (Army) for everyone to live their life as they see fit. But please, quit the darn harassment.
    It is turning into a good thread. I'm sure it will soon be locked or deleted. It is a shame they don't buy better software. Large threads are hard to make sense of.

SemiCharmedQuark Donating Member (1000+ posts)51. I think it has more to do with the christians being almost 80% of the 80% that identify as religious
    Edited on Thu Nov-05-09 10:26 PM by SemiCharmedQuark
    Therefore they, as a group, have the most dramatic effect on policy. Muslims are half a percent of the 80% of religious people. Nobody panders to the muslim demographic.
    SemiCharmed, you're pandering to them right here, and Democrats as a whole pander to them with the best of them.
    Douglas Carpenter Donating Member (1000+ posts) 63. some of us denounce broad brush and bigoted comments against both Muslims and Christians
    as well as Jews and any other identifiable group for that matter.

However, Muslims are a persecuted minority in the United States while Christians are not - even if they have to suffer some idiotic comments here on DU and elsewhere.

Also, the promotion of anti-Muslim hatred is an essential part of the propaganda campaign for those who would seek ever more intractable war and conflict in the Middle East.

What would be the consequences of America in an even more desperately protracted state of hostility with the Arab and Islamic world? What would be the price America and the whole world would pay for ever increasing hatred and hostility?(liberal logic: We have to pander to them because they might hate us, and they even might kill us.)

Anyone who contributes to ever ratcheting up animosity is playing with fire with flames that could very well spell catastrophe for all of humankind.
    Why is it that they continually say that Muslims are a "persecuted minority" when there are many, many more incidences of hate and persecution in the US toward Jewish people?

No, Muslims have just copied the liberals beliefs on "victim" status for those the left identifies with.

Thickasabrick Donating Member (1000+ posts)169. Christians in this country are trying to dictate/legislate morality - so yea - I feel
    more threatened by christians.
    Thickasabrick, your nic is very apt. Go ahead, FEEL threatened by those Christians who think that homosexuality and abortion is wrong, says so and votes against it.

The Muslims you defend and seem to adore won't TELL you it is wrong, nor will they legislate or dictate it being wrong. They'll just hang you if they think you are a homosexual. And if you're a woman, forget about abortion and get used to the fact that you are a man's possession. (verses your likely hatred of the idea of Christian women submitting voluntarily, in love to their husband)

*shakes head* How can leftists be so deaf and blind?

RedCloud (1000+ posts) Thu Nov-05-09 11:04 PM

120. You do know he's Virginian by birth, don't you?

Orrex (1000+ posts) Thu Nov-05-09 11:14 PM

130. As an atheist, I don't believe in the Virginian birth

Wow, this is a huge thread at the DUmp.