Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Over the centuries, I wonder how many people have been killed because they loved someone who lost or never returned the feeling?

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Over the centuries, I wonder how many people have been killed because they loved someone who lost or never returned the feeling?
    I'm trying to find the connection here to crazed Muslim gunman killing 13 soldiers?

How much you want to bet that Brooklyns_Finest, MellowDem, and dschis will all be tombstoned before the day is up?

Quote Originally Posted by movie buff View Post
    How much you want to bet that Brooklyns_Finest, MellowDem, and dschis will all be tombstoned before the day is up?
    I was surprised they weren't last night!

"pettypace (426 posts) Thu Nov-05-09 09:10 PM
    Response to Original message
    16. The atrocity rundown: Muslims - 9/11
    Christians - Atomic bombs, Holocaust, slavery, wiping out 20 million Native Americans, Crusades.

Just sayin."

Well, boys and girls, it's time to play "Give the pretentious, poorly- educated liberal moron a basic history lesson"!
    1. As has been noted elsewhere on this thread, Islam has been directly connected to a hell of a lot more attrocities and attempted atrocities than just 9/11.
    2. How in the Hell are Christians to blame for atomic bombs? Einstein, who of course played a big role in the development of the bomb, was Jewish.
    3. Regarding the Holocaust, it's important to note several things: a) Many of Hitler's own personal quotes reveal how deeply he despised the Christian faith, and longed to see it die out in Germany and elsewhere. b) Hitler was in fact into Paganism. c) Many Christians were also killed in the Holocaust, usually for trying to help Jews or openly speaking out against the Holocaust. Does the name Dietrich Bonhoeffer ring a bell?
    4. Regarding slavery, here are a couple noteworthy points: a) The African slave trade was started by Muslims raiding the African villages and selling their people into slavery LONG before the Europeans got in on it. b) Many of the most outspoken voices in the Abolitionist movement came from the evangelical Christian groups, people the DUmmies would have dismissed as "Fundy fanatics." I suggest pettypace watch the film 'Amazing Grace' too gain even just a basic idea of how big a role the Christian faith played in ending slavery.
    5. As for the genocide against Native Americans, that was never about spreading Christianity (Though some back then superficially claimed it was their motive, without offering anything to back up such assertions in their own actions); It was about seizing their land. Besides, many white Christians helped out the Native Americans a great deal (i.e. Silas Soule helping to spread the truth about the Sand Creek Massacre).
    6. A lot of people on both sides can be blamed for the Crusades. There, too, a lot of it on the Christian side was people CLAIMING it was about spreading the faith, when in real life, their actual motives had nothing to do with that, and were more about personal profit.

2. How in the Hell are Christians to blame for atomic bombs? Einstein, who of course played a big role in the development of the bomb, was Jewish.
    And lets not forget that it was a democrat who wanted it - and pushed for its development and used it. Why? Because it saved lives to use it.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Christ inspired the holocaust, slavery and atomic bombs?
    Gee, all this time I thought the Atomic bomb was made by a JEW.:eek: Slavery pre-existed Christianity and the Holocaust was an atrosity created by a sociopathic murderer. One who had legions of mindless followers. Reminds me of someone else,,,,,,,,,,,hmmm,,,,,,,,,,,O yeah, The One. The Messiah. OBlah Blah!
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

16. The atrocity rundown: Muslims - 9/11
    Christians - Atomic bombs, Holocaust, slavery, wiping out 20 million Native Americans, Crusades.
    It's clueless and uneducated remarks like this that scare the ever living shit out of me. Does this person actually believe that the only thing Islamists have ever done was 9/11? Christ, this wasn't even the first attack on the Trade Center Towers. These types of people make my blood boil. I guess this person slept through the '93 WTC attack, Tanzania and Kenya embassy bombings, Khobar Towers, U.S.S. Cole, Spain train bombings(which actually influenced a national election), 2005 London bombings, let alone countless suicide bombings and the D.C. sniper and this is only in the last 16 years. As for the rest of this stupidity:

Atomic Bomb-Invented by Jews Einstein and Oppenheimer.
    Holocaust-Hardly perpetrated by fundamental Christians nor was Christianity the basis for this.
    Wiping out 20 million Indians-As opposed to them wiping themselves out? Let alone that there isn't 1 square inch of occupied space on this planet that wasn't conquered by someone including the space occupied by this DUmmy.
    Crusades-Wow, can we go back a bit further? Does this idiot know that the Crusades, if you want to believe the notion of the reclaiming of the Holy Land, it was the Moors who first conquered it from the Christians and Jews.

But getting back to their feeling bad about Muslims. I beg, no dare these people to Google "beheadings" and watch these victims hack off the head of Nick Berg among others with an 8" blade. I purposely watched videos of these beheadings as a reminder as to what we're up against.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    It's clueless and uneducated remarks like this that scare the ever living shit out of me. Does this person actually believe that the only thing Islamists have ever done was 9/11? Christ, this wasn't even the first attack on the Trade Center Towers. These types of people make my blood boil. I guess this person slept through the '93 WTC attack, Tanzania and Kenya embassy bombings, Khobar Towers, U.S.S. Cole, Spain train bombings(which actually influenced a national election), 2005 London bombings, let alone countless suicide bombings and the D.C. sniper and this is only in the last 16 years.
    Don't forget the 2002 Bali nightclub bombing.

Don't forget the 2002 Bali nightclub bombing.
    There's countless examples of Muslim terrorism which is all done in the name of Allah.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.