Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I was thinking of this one

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Shakespeare View Post
    A very drunk girl got in a car with a very drunk famous politician
    Really? Are you psychic? Do you have a time machine? If the answer to both of those is "no", then how do you know? Do you always leap to conclusions, or is this a special case?

Good thing that girl died, or what would we have to use against each other regarding Ted Kennedy, eh?
    I'm sure politicians of all stripes would (and have) plenty of tar to throw at each other regardless of Mary Jo Kopechne. I will say, though, that "good thing that girl died" is among the more vile things I've heard this week.

Quote:
    librechik (1000+ posts) Tue Jul-22-08 02:32 PM
    Response to Original message
    93. the case was adjudicated to the nth degree, simply because he was famous
    Edited on Tue Jul-22-08 02:40 PM by librechik
    the judge found no reason to jail the man, and believe me, there was a lusty chorus of RWers, even then, who felt lynching was the answer for that particular accidental death. Meanwhile, Laura Bush kills her boyfriend in a car accident and gets away Scot free. Why should Ted pay if she didn't?
    Laura was in a car accident in which a man died. The person in the car with Ted was drowned due to Ted's drunkeness and crime of leaving the scene of an accident.
    That makes Ted Crimes=2 and Laura's = 0.

But why are they still raking over this 45 year old incident? It is because there are SO FEW democrat transgressions, in comparison to the lengthy list of Republican criminals and convicts. BTW, an accidental death is NOT CRIMINAL, and leaving the scene, while disoriented, is also not a crime. Meanwhile, Kissinger goes free after overseeing thousands of innocent deaths in East Timor. Bush Sr gets away with killing thousands in Central America over his tainted term--NOT ACCIDENTAL DEATHS, BUT "COLLATERAL DAMAGE" from deliberate attacks on our part.
    Because there is an unpunished MURDER versus an accidental death. Thousands are killed in accidental deaths on our roads every year, none end in jail. On the other hand, thousands are killed on our roads every year due to crimes (vehicular homicide/DUI) and nearly 100% end in jail and/or some form of punishment. Ted falls into the last category yet no jail or punishment. CLEAR?

Still, why bother. your conversation partner is obviously deluded and woefully misinformed, since he apparently hasn't read a newspaper since 1969. Did he hear about Rumsfeld ordering torture of innocents? OK to crush a child's testicles to force the parent to "confess?" We are supposed to drop that discussion and talk about an ancient incident because he can't stand talking about the endless crimes of his own side? Can we talk about this?http://groups.google.com/group/talk.politics.misc/brows...
    (Drunk Republican kills six in gross vehicular manslaughter) Or this?http://liberalvaluesblog.com/?p=302
    (Republican convicted of illegal campaign contributions to Bush) Or this?http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/07/us/politics/07pennsyl...
    (Republican, convicted in 80s bribery, endorses Giuliani)
    POT-KETTLE-BLACK!
    I believe there were 56 convictions of corrupt politicians in Reagan's administration. Total for Clinton's two terms: 1.
    Convictions? "I believe" isn't the same as "it is a fact."

What lame, pathetic cowards they all are. They have nothing positive to recommend them.
    I'll be your huckleberry! I'm not impressed with your arguments, try again later.

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Laura was in a car accident in which a man died. The person in the car with Ted was drowned due to Ted's drunkeness and crime of leaving the scene of an accident.

Because there is an unpunished MURDER versus an accidental death. Thousands are killed in accidental deaths on our roads every year, none end in jail. On the other hand, thousands are killed on our roads every year due to crimes (vehicular homicide/DUI) and nearly 100% end in jail and/or some form of punishment. Ted falls into the last category yet no jail or punishment. CLEAR?

POT-KETTLE-BLACK!

Convictions? "I believe" isn't the same as "it is a fact."

I'll be your huckleberry! I'm not impressed with your arguments, try again later.
    I have learned to translate "obviously deluded and misinformed" to mean "I am frustrated because I can't put up a valid argument for my position" when it comes from the mouth of a DUer. It seems to be a step above "I know you are but what am I?"

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Nobody knows, but it's a reasonable inference.

The whole story (and this is from memory, so I apologize for any errors): Ted and Mary Jo were both attending a party on the island. Ted was leaving, and Mary Jo asked for a ride to the ferry. At some point, Ted drove off a bridge which was nowhere near the ferry, nor on the way: it was in fact in the opposite direction from the ferry. The car submerged and inverted. Kennedy was able to escape. Mary Jo wasn't. Kennedy didn't bother to tell anybody about the accident for, I believe, 10 hours.

When they dragged the car out of the water, Mary Jo was found with her face pressed to the floor of the car (which would've been above her) as though she'd been breathing from a trapped air bubble waiting for a rescue which never came until she suffocated. Kennedy pleaded guilty to "leaving the scene of an accident." Later, a coroner's inquest ruled Mary Jo's death a homicide. Kennedy was never charged.

I think that's about it.
    Ahem....Ted Kennedy.....Here is a site of interest, read and make your own conclusions

http://www.ytedk.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Really? Are you psychic? Do you have a time machine? If the answer to both of those is "no", then how do you know? Do you always leap to conclusions, or is this a special case?
    Yet another 'glad she died so we can attack Kennedy forever' clown heard from.
    More proof of the shallowness of the ghouls gloating over that girl's death.
    Take Kopecne out of the Ted Kennedy conversation and the majority of conservatives become mute.
    Shakespeare.

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    My Guns Have Killed Less People Than Laura Bush's Car.
    Shakespeare.

Take Kopecne out of the Ted Kennedy conversation and the majority of conservatives become mute.
    Nope, then we start talking about having parties where his nephew rapes a gal. :D

norepubsin08 (62 posts) Tue Jul-22-08 02:54 AM
    Response to Original message
    41. Mary Jo
    was drunk and puled the wheel of the car and made it plunge into the water!!! She was working for the Republicans and they put a hit out on Ted.

Teh winner!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

My Guns Have Killed Less People Than Laura Bush's Car.