Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakespeare View Post
    My Guns Have Killed Less People Than Laura Bush's Car.

Sonnabend
    Yet another 'glad she died so we can attack Kennedy forever' clown heard from. More proof of the shallowness of the ghouls gloating over that girl's death.
    There is no statute of limitations on murder.

Take Kopecne out of the Ted Kennedy conversation and the majority of conservatives become mute.
    It's spelt Kopechne, and he was still DUI ( a felony) leaving the scene of an accident ( a felony), criminal negligence( a felony) and involuntary manslaughter (a felony)..I might also add that when he came down to see the police, he was armed with a bevy of lawyers.

Mary Jo Kopechne is still dead.

A very drunk girl got in a car with a very drunk famous politician and they had an accident.
    No, she was not. The autopsy report confirmed it.

He was too f'd up to handle it and ran off. She drowned. He got off too lightly, probably because that's just how our "justice" system works.
    So you have now admitted that he left her to die. Thank you, that is now a prima facie case of guilt to felony manslaughter.

The right has tried to demonize everything 'left' by whispering or squealing 'Chappaquiddick!' every chance they got.
    Kennedy left a helpless woman to drown alone in a car after he was too drunk to drive, and then made sure that he couild not be tested or charged.

Meanwhile, Laura Bush kills her boyfriend in a car accident and gets away Scot free
    1. She was Laura Welch and would not meet her future husband for twenty years.

2. The collision occurred at right angles on a T intersection at night on an empty road. There was no way in hell she, or anyone else, could know who was in the car, or whose car it was..all anyone would see in that situation is headlights.

3. The accident occurred with drivers between the ages of eighteen and twenty five, late at night..if anyone had bothered to check the statistics, that age range and that time of night are prime factors in thousands of similar incidents all throughout the Western world.

18-24 year olds make up the bulk of driving fatalities, especially at night.

Darkness, fatigue, inexperience and a moments inattention are all it takes..and as O'Sullivan said in the postscript of one my legal textbooks....it could have happened to any of us

Incidentally, WigglesmeWillie, we leave the gravedancing to you DUmmies, especially where Tony Snow was concerned.

Dismissed.
    Last edited by Sonnabend; 07-25-2008 at 05:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    and he was still DUI ( a felony)
    '

I doubt it was a felony in Mass. when it happened. In fact, it's stil not a felony in the US is many states. For example, in Washington State where I live, a DUI is still not a felony unless you somehow manage to get 5 DUI convictions within a 10 year time frame and that's a law the was only passed relatively recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    It's spelt Kopechne, and he was still DUI ( a felony) leaving the scene of an accident ( a felony), criminal negligence( a felony) and involuntary manslaughter (a felony)..I might also add that when he came down to see the police, he was armed with a bevy of lawyers.
    Most of those things are not felonies in the US... in fact only the involuntary manslaughter is a felony and it can and often is plead down to reckless endangerment which is a misdemeanor.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Most of those things are not felonies in the US... in fact only the involuntary manslaughter is a felony and it can and often is plead down to reckless endangerment which is a misdemeanor.
    Actually, a prior history of DUI"s (which Ted Kennedy had prior to his accident) are grounds for a felony DUI, particularly if the DUI contributed to a person's death. Given the actual facts of the accident and Teddy would've been tried and convicted of multiple felonies had his name not been Kennedy and had the Kennedy machine behind him.

You know when you come from a country that started out as a prison colony - EVERYTHING is a felony.

(I'm just ribbing you, Sonna - it's not a personal attack.:D)

Sonnabend
    You know when you come from a country that started out as a prison colony - EVERYTHING is a felony(I'm just ribbing you, Sonna - it's not a personal attack.
    *evil cackle*

*reaches for library books*

Actually, FDK, the joke is on you

After 1718, approximately 60,000 convicts, dubbed "the King's passengers," were sent from England to America. Ninety percent of them stayed in Maryland and Virginia. Although some returned to England once their servitude was over, many remained and began their new lives in the colonies.
    Oh no....

Bound for America: The Transportation of British Convicts to the Colonies, 1718-1775 (Clarendon Paperbacks) (Paperback)
    by A. Roger Ekirch (Author)
    FDK....never argue with a disciple of the Library Lady :D

(avagoodweegendyawonkywombat :D)

The Kopechne family received $140,923 from Kennedy. They said he never apologized.They did hear from Rose and Ethel Kennedy.

The medical examiner, Dr Donald Mills, was satisfied that the cause of death was accidental drowning. He signed a death certificate to that effect and released Kopechne's body to her family without ordering an autopsy Later, on September 18, District Attorney Dinis attempted to secure an exhumation of Kopechne's body in order to perform a belated autopsy.
    The request was opposed by Kopechne's parents
    No autopsy was performed.

Tomorrow would have been Mary Jo Kopechne's 68th birthday.

Sonnabend
    I stand corrected.

*bows to the Library Lady*