It's that Mod time of the month!!! :D
EarlG ADMIN (1000+ posts) Wed Oct-28-09 12:39 PM
Democratic Underground is looking for volunteers to serve as moderators
The next moderator term will last three months, from the middle of November 2009 until the middle of February 2010. If you have never served as a moderator before but would like to volunteer some time to help keep Democratic Underground's discussion forum running smoothly, now is your chance.
Here are some things to bear in mind before you apply:
Here's how to volunteer:
- Your political ideology is not important...(yeah...sure.) We need centrists and leftists and everyone in between to serve as moderators.
- We prefer people who have been members for a while, and have made at least a few hundred posts. You must be at least 18 years old. You must have donated at least one time to Democratic Underground using your own name.
- You must be able to log on to DU regularly, and should not take any long vacations between now and the end of the term.
- We prefer people with a generally positive outlook on life, (EarlG, you do realize you just excluded 99% of your board, don't you?) who can be fair and evenhanded, and who don't get easily frustrated. If you sign up to moderate, we expect you to stay as a moderator for the full term. You must understand that it is perfectly normal for the admins to occasionally overturn your decisions, or to make specific requests regarding the manner in which you participate on DU while you are a moderator.
- We prefer that moderators avoid highly controversial topics, or at least moderate their behavior significantly when participating in such discussions. If you have a history of rhetorically hot postings on controversial issues, we may not choose you to serve.
- If you know that you aren't very good at controlling your behavior or your emotions, or if you know that you can't be fair to a particular group of people, please do not sign up to be a moderator.( BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! ) There is no obligation to serve as a mod, and we won't hold it against you if you choose not to.
:DSend us all kinds of personal info and sign our bogus legal docs that make us
look like we're something special in our own minds. Hey. We're Teh DUmp!!!
We have a Bazillion members and of course....DUAC!!! FEAR US!!
And sending the board extra $$$ never hurt anyones chances either.
Oh, if you're Ralph Wiggum from "Teh Site That Cannot Be Named", don't
apply. We know who you are. Have a depressing day and always remember
the DU Mantra...IT'S BU$HCO'S FAULT for everything.
Thank you and bad day.
EarlG...one of Teh Three Losers trying to make a living bilking you morons
out of your unemployment checks.