1. #1 Man charged with drunken driving after 911 call about pot theft 
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x6948990
    Lagomorph (834 posts) Fri Nov-06-09 10:35 PM
    Original message
    Man charged with drunken driving after 911 call about pot theft
    SALEM, Ore. — Oregon police have charged a man with drunk driving after he called 911 to report his marijuana as stolen but the dispatcher couldn’t understand him because he was vomiting while on the road.

Marion County sheriff’s deputies say 21-year-old Calvin Hoover of Salem told dispatchers early Tuesday that someone had broken into his truck and stolen cash, a jacket and a small amount of marijuana while he was at a tavern in Salem.

He then called 911 again to complain that deputies had not arrived, but the dispatcher had trouble understanding Hoover because he was driving and stopping several times to vomit.

He was arrested on charges of driving under the influence of intoxicants.

A Salem phone number listed for a Calvin Hoover had been disconnected.

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20091106/NEWS03/711069...

Looking forward to the discussion...
    That means one less contributor to the DU fourth quarter fund drive.

Sonnabend
    paulsby Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Fri Nov-06-09 11:39 PM
    Response to Original message
    2. cue: the marijuana makes you stupid jokes. article title also wrong

or poorly written

in the article it says he was arrested for driving under the influence of "intoxicants"

the title says it was "drunken driving"

it very well may not have been DUI-liquor, but DUI-drugs or DUI polydrug combo

why do i say this? i've made over 200 DUI arrests, and ime the media often fails to make the distinction when they report on it. they see DUI and they ASSUME alcohol. but it is not always alcohol.
    Irrelevant. The fact that this druggie was behind the wheel is enough for me. Drunken driving, drug driving, same thing, same menace.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Man...hardly any replies!! They must all be passed out. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

When I was a kid, the next door neighbors were an elderly couple whose 20 something son, wife and kid lived in their basement. The son looked just like a tall Charles Manson, and he used to grow pot in the house and yard. We weren't allowed to play over there, obviously. He also used to float butt-nekked in his kid's inflatable pool when it was hot, which we could see from our deck.

One night, we woke up to sirens and police lights. The Kent Co Sheriff's department was raiding the house, and his poor embarrassed parents were standing in the street while the cops looked for Dave. He has broken into someone's house, and had taken off. He hid in California for about a year and a half, and came back because the charges were dropped. Upon further investigation, the cops realized Dave had broken into his drug dealer's house and stolen drugs and some cash, not any real property.

My mom never got over it-in addition to the drugs, the cops found a sawed-off shotgun hidden in the tall grass behind the yard (they let the back part of their yard go wild). The Sheriff's officers were cleaning out their guns in our driveway.

All this in the suburbs of an official "All American City".

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Irrelevant. The fact that this druggie was behind the wheel is enough for me. Drunken driving, drug driving, same thing, same menace.
    Yup, true.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Man...hardly any replies!! They must all be passed out. :D
    Dude, you're wrecking my high. :D