Thread: Gay marriage.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
Results 221 to 230 of 230
  1. #221  
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Your ultra-conservative, whacko, irrational religious tendencies are totally off the charts.

    You are insane.

    Stop drinking the kool-aid of your religious cult.
    Is there a new draft in here ?
    First of all who asked you to butt in ,the reply wasn't intended for you !
    But you had your say now I will have mine .

    "Ultra conservative" I think not,conservative yes.

    "Wacco" ,A judgement call as in insane, I am as sane as you and in much better control of my emotions.

    "irrational religious tendencies" ,How in the world did you come to that conclusion you know nothing about me.

    "Totally Off the charts" ,at you're old stomping grounds 'DU' yes !

    "Insane" again compared to whom ? Where did you come from 'Wilber',are you new here ?Have you been a member of any other message boards recently ?

    "Stop drinking the kool-aid" ,my church doesn't serve 'kool-aid' does yours ?

    "your religious cult" my church is far from a cult and can I assume that you are a church going critter ?
    From your irrational outburst you sure sound like some kind of half human primitive critter !
    Last edited by megimoo; 06-06-2008 at 12:50 AM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #222  
    Senior Member du freeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Your ultra-conservative, whacko, irrational religious tendencies are totally off the charts.

    You are insane.

    Stop drinking the kool-aid of your religious cult.
    And you are a liberal who would let our Nation rot in a cesspool of immorality under the banner of tolerance.

    You could give a rat's ass about the future of this Nation as long as your friends are able to get shit on their dipsticks.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #223  
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    Quote Originally Posted by du freeper View Post
    And you are a liberal who would let our Nation rot in a cesspool of immorality under the banner of tolerance.

    You could give a rat's ass about the future of this Nation as long as your friends are able to get shit on their dipsticks.
    Thanks DU !
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #224  
    Goldwater
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by du freeper View Post
    And you are a liberal who would let our Nation rot in a cesspool of immorality under the banner of tolerance.

    You could give a rat's ass about the future of this Nation as long as your friends are able to get shit on their dipsticks.
    You live under the delusion that as long as it's in the law, people don't do it and that you have the right to tell them not to do it. This is not reality I'm afraid. Look at anywhere gay marriage is legal, morality has not died, religious values have not dissapeared, and the region has not gone up in smoke. Whether someone finds it disgusting or not is irrelevant as you are not being forced to neither accept, condone nor witness what these people are doing.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #225  
    Patent Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    1,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Vepr View Post
    Possibly but maybe it would not show up until their great grand child had a child with someone else of the proper genetic make up etc. Then again there could be other factors during gestation or birth etc who knows. Maybe it is triggered by certain traumatizing events or elements early in life like exposure to someone like Ann Coulter.... ;)
    If there is a gay gene, it is obviously recessive. Otherwise, fags would be the majority. If two parents having a homogeneus recessisve gene mate, then there is no chance that their child will exhibit the dominante trait.

    That's how genetics works.

    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Sickle Cell anemia is a perfect example. We see populations where the vast majority of people have it.. because the ones that don't die of malaria at a young age. Sickle cell makes them immune to it. In populations that arent heavily exposed to malaria, sickle cell will be a minority, because the selective pressure isnt there to kill off the people without the trait.
    Sickle Cell anemia is exactly the point I was making. Being heterogeneus for Sickle Cell increases your chances of surviving a malaria infection. However, anyone who is heterogeneus either for or against Sickle cell has a lower chance of surviving. Sickle cell anemics didn't evolve alongside modern blood transfusion techniques, and so often died early. Non-sickle cell carriers died early of malaria.

    It is only because there is an advantage towards being heterogeneus for sickle cell anemia that the condition persists today.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #226  
    Senior Member du freeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    You live under the delusion that as long as it's in the law, people don't do it and that you have the right to tell them not to do it. This is not reality I'm afraid. Look at anywhere gay marriage is legal, morality has not died, religious values have not dissapeared, and the region has not gone up in smoke. Whether someone finds it disgusting or not is irrelevant as you are not being forced to neither accept, condone nor witness what these people are doing.
    Wait till they start putting up pink flamingos in your neighborhood...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #227  
    Senior Member aerojarod's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Blue State
    Posts
    279
    Government's involvement in "marriage" is not about getting involved in YOUR business of what you want to stick where, or who you want to love. Government exists to organize a society based on rule of law, and such laws are based upon a universal "morality", or at least what is seen as a common benefit to society at-large.

    With that said... explain to me, outside of the emotional/sexual bond, what benefit a homosexual marriage gives to society?

    A heterosexual marital union, based on thousands of years of plain-as-day evidence, exists for the benefit of civilization to create a strong child-rearing situation. A benefit to society and CIVILIZATION, no doubt. Marriage (outside of religion) is Government's recognition that FAMILY is a benefit to the success and furtherence of the society.

    And now before you say "gay couples can raise kids"... sure, they can. So can a single parent. They should have that right if they so chose. But that does not take away the fact that BIOLOGICALLY, it takes a heterosexual couple to produce a kid. Even one that a gay couple adopts.

    Health insurance benefits, wills, estate transfers, power of attourney? All can be set up to be legaly given to whomever you wish, giving gay couples the same rights as a married couple. Look up "revocable living trust". If there are things we can fix to smooth out the legal hurdles to give your benefits to your gay lover, then we can talk about that and fix it.

    If you're gay and in love, do you really need GOVERNMENT's permission to make a committment to each other? Do you need some legislator's approval before you stick your wank where you wish? Then what is the real driving force behind the Gay Marriage movement? Love is love, sex is sex, with or without the government involved. Homosexuals seemt to jsut want to force society to look at their love/sex life and get our approval. WHY DO YOU NEED IT? Are you insecure about it because maybe deep down you know it's wrong?

    Marriage exists as a government "benefit" because society recognizes that the stable union of a man and a woman provides the best possible situation for creating and raising children for the furtherence of civilization/society. Every individual is created equal and should have equal rights.... but marriage is recognition that there is a special uniqueness to the love and relationship between a man and woman... that should be encouraged, btw... that is more of a benefit to society than a homosexual relationship, which cannot naturally produce children.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #228  
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    19
    I didn't read the entire thread, but here are my two cents.

    1. The definition of marriage should be left to the people of each State to decide, as the Constitution left this issue to the States.

    2. Either a federal amendment should be proposed to enforce the above, or the dumbass judicial activists should realize that the above is 100% true.

    3. There should be no forcing the people of a pro-heterosexual-marriage-State to accept homosexual marriages. If you are married in Commiefornia and move to Michigan, your marriage is void.

    4. Moving the ability to choose what is best farther and farther away from the people results in diluting their will. I believe in keeping as many important decisions local, as this most accurately reflects the peoples' needs. Why should the will of Commifornians be forced upon me? Remember, it cuts both ways: Michiganders could win a big ruling and force Commiefornia to abandon their choice to accept gay marriage. Oops...the people didn't choose to accept gay marriage...but, you get my point.

    5. If you want gay marriage accepted, you should convince the people of your state to support your position. When the people are ready, gay marriage may be accepted.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #229  
    Senior Member BEG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by du freeper View Post
    Wait till they start putting up pink flamingos in your neighborhood...

    *SNORT* :D
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #230  
    Senior Member Ree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Nashnille
    Posts
    977
    Here's a strange idea, Govt gets out of the marriage biz and deals only in Civil unions. Leave marriage up to the churches.
    Say what ya mean and get to the point quick....I don't have the attention span to listen to bullshit...

    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •