Hybrid View

1. #1 Execution by firing squad,sites for Bali bombers scouted 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Before the start of the Islamic fasting month of Ramadan in early September.

"The 2002 Bali bombings, which killed 202 people including 88 Australians. "

INDONESIAN prosecutors have scouted possible sites for the impending executions of the three death row Bali bombers.

Islamic militants Amrozi, his brother Mukhlas and Imam Samudra could be executed at any time over the 2002 Bali bombings, which killed 202 people including 88 Australians.

Indonesia's Attorney-General Hendarman Supandji has said authorities want the trio put before a firing squad "as soon as possible" and before the start of the Islamic fasting month of Ramadan in early September.

Indonesia carries out executions by firing squad, but does not disclose the time or place.

"According to law, the place of the executions is not a public place, it's a secret."

He could not give a definite time when the executions would be carried out.

"But the execution process could be soon because the administrative execution requirements have been fulfilled."

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,24067751-2,00.html

noonwitch
    I wonder how they determine what is a good site?

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Calm winds, flat ground, maximum possible splatter area.
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Sonnabend
    No one really cares...there was a poll in the Sydney Morning Herald regarding the death penalty...what the paper got was 400 volunteers to pull the trigger :):)

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    No one really cares...there was a poll in the Sydney Morning Herald regarding the death penalty...what the paper got was 400 volunteers to pull the trigger :):)

Like the SAS,Two taps.First round to the groin area the second between the eyes and for their crimes a dried pigs ear stuffed in between their teeth !

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Unfortunately, they’d have to borrow a weapon from some other country’s citizen to get the job done.;)

Sonnabend replies:LP, congratulations on again proving how poorly educated you are. There are over 750,000 private gun owners in Australia, a functioning and highly effective police force, and a kickass military..none of which makes any difference, since the executions are to be carried out by the Indonesian authorities in Indonesia.

Do try and keep up, there's a good chap.
    Last edited by Sonnabend; 07-23-2008 at 10:48 AM.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Sonnabend replies:LP, congratulations on again proving how poorly educated you are. There are over 750,000 private gun owners in Australia, a functioning and highly effective police force, and a kickass military..none of which makes any difference, since the executions are to be carried out by the Indonesian authorities in Indonesia.

Do try and keep up, there's a good chap.

Warning: Do not alter my posts - bad form - and dangerous to the position you’ve been entrusted with. There’s a good chap.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

I imagine they are looking for a high embankment and fairly loose dirt. :p

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I imagine they are looking for a high embankment and fairly loose dirt. :p
    Along the elevated train track embankments ,good bullet stop !

I seem to remember seeing an execution where the condemned were put on a elevated stand on the beach facing away from the water. Lets everyone see the bullet strike and splatter I guess. Needless to stay the ocean is a servicable bullet catch.