Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    I agree with that. The only Prez since him that had big balls was Reagan.
    I think Eisenhower might of qualified for "big balls" He only defeated the 3rd Reich, so he might not make the cut.

And James Madison is the ONLY President to be ona field of battle while President.

When I was a kid, we were the United States of America, Land of the Free and Home of the Brave. Now, we're America, Land of the Sheep and Home of the Naïve.

Live each day as if you're going to die tomorrow. Learn each day as if you'll live forever.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by dixierat View Post
    And James Madison is the ONLY President to be ona field of battle while President.

Really? What about this famous, often told story?

One Civil War story is well known: In July, 1864, the Confederates got north of Washington, D.C, and Abraham Lincoln came out to see the troops. At six foot four, with his stovepipe hat adding eight inches to his height, Lincoln stood on the parapet, watching smoke puffs from Confederate snipers, seemingly unafraid, even when an officer three feet from him was dropped by a Confederate bullet. A 23-year old Oliver Wendall Holmes saw this foolhardy target sticking up, and not realizing it was the President of the United States, shouted, "Get down, you damn fool, before you get shot!" Lincoln prompty obeyed.