Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Isolated Mountain Range in Eastern Nevada
    TOTD:
    I'm organized in a very unorganized way. Because my job calls for me to fill in as manager of any department on a moment's notice, I keep things in piles and clipboards. I know where things are, but drive everyone else NUTS!
    I smile because I don't know what the heck is going on.

TOTD: I am organized. I was a completely self-taught organized little kid. When I happened on the concept of lists at about age 8 or 9, I was in heaven. I'm beyond the simple "To Do" list now, of course.

I think being organized and keeping "stuff" in designated places is a big time-saver. I never look for my keys or have some sort of early morning wardrobe mishap. I never rush unless a fire alarm is going off.

I have friends who spend cumulative hours every week hunting down objects or e-files or whatever. It looks exhausting.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    TOTD: I am organized. I was a completely self-taught organized little kid. When I happened on the concept of lists at about age 8 or 9, I was in heaven. I'm beyond the simple "To Do" list now, of course.

I think being organized and keeping "stuff" in designated places is a big time-saver. I never look for my keys or have some sort of early morning wardrobe mishap. I never rush unless a fire alarm is going off.

I have friends who spend cumulative hours every week hunting down objects or e-files or whatever. It looks exhausting.
    Shannon and I both have been trying to get Tristan to be more "organized" with his room and putting things away where they belong...and yes, we know he's a kid and blah blah blah...but I think we were both the types of kids who put things away and kept our rooms organized....however, when the child comes and starts whining about how he can't find some THING he swears was in his room...well...you know...the lecture about "putting things where they belong" and he says, "I know, but..." It is wire-hanger time!!! (kidding...sorta) :D
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

Quote Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
    Shannon and I both have been trying to get Tristan to be more "organized" with his room and putting things away where they belong...and yes, we know he's a kid and blah blah blah...but I think we were both the types of kids who put things away and kept our rooms organized....however, when the child comes and starts whining about how he can't find some THING he swears was in his room...well...you know...the lecture about "putting things where they belong" and he says, "I know, but..." It is wire-hanger time!!! (kidding...sorta) :D
    Although the wire-hanger response is emotionally satisfying, I think the, "too bad, your're out of luck" response is probably more instructive.

Although the wire-hanger response is emotionally satisfying, I think the, "too bad, your're out of luck" response is probably more instructive.
    But not nearly as fun...:p
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    I throw all of his shit away now. I don't care what sentimental value it might have. If it meant that much to him it wouldn't be on the floor.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by lurkalot View Post
    TOTD:
    I'm organized in a very unorganized way. Because my job calls for me to fill in as manager of any department on a moment's notice, I keep things in piles and clipboards. I know where things are, but drive everyone else NUTS!
    You sound like my twin. I keep things in piles on my desk. When I moved to a new office, it was heavenly for a while. Everything was organized. Now it's back to normal. :D
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"