Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Put the piece of shit on the Fort Benning Sniper Range and let Snipers take pop shots at this asshole.

For ten years.

Quote Originally Posted by Teetop View Post
    Put the piece of shit on the Fort Benning Sniper Range and let Snipers take pop shots at this asshole.

For ten years.
    Moving targets are fun.:D
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Big Guy View Post
    Moving targets are fun.:D
    Don't kill him. Let this piece of crap live another day...

Cruel and unusual punishment?

I would give him what he gave his victims....

I heard Boortz this morning celebrating the upcoming execution, and see a few here. I support the death penalty, and think this guy deserved it for the heinousness of the crime, and agree that a firing squad would be very appropriate, but I still ain't celebrating anyone's death.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    I think he should have been executed by the electric chair or firing squad.

Both are painless in that the subject loses consciousness in an instant. Same with hanging.

You want painful and terrifying? Gas chamber is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Teetop View Post
    Don't kill him. Let this piece of crap live another day...

Cruel and unusual punishment?

I would give him what he gave his victims....
    Give him to the new guys who are trying to get accepted to sniper school.:D
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by enslaved1 View Post
    I heard Boortz this morning celebrating the upcoming execution, and see a few here. I support the death penalty, and think this guy deserved it for the heinousness of the crime, and agree that a firing squad would be very appropriate, but I still ain't celebrating anyone's death.
    I can respect you for that.

But I have no problem toasting to his death or making light of it.

Getting a bit ghoulish in here.

The fucker is dead, and I'm glad of it, because of what he did. I'm hoping the same happens to the Fort Hood terrorist scumbag, too, preferably quicker.

But let's not get carried away with ideas of making them suffer. That kind of shit belongs back in the middle ages. Making them dead, quickly, should be good enough.

Torturing someone to death, whatever the circumstances, is not something we should aspire to, unless we're looking to become more like them.

Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    Getting a bit ghoulish in here.

The fucker is dead, and I'm glad of it, because of what he did. I'm hoping the same happens to the Fort Hood terrorist scumbag, too, preferably quicker.

But let's not get carried away with ideas of making them suffer. That kind of shit belongs back in the middle ages. Making them dead, quickly, should be good enough.

Torturing someone to death, whatever the circumstances, is not something we should aspire to, unless we're looking to become more like them.
    meh. If the intent of the death penalty is deterrence then the slower the better. Televise it too.

Enjoy hell Mo.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    meh. If the intent of the death penalty is deterrence then the slower the better. Televise it too.

Enjoy hell Mo.
    The intent of the death penalty is justice, not revenge, and not deterrence, either. If the perp is bonkers enough, he will be inured to either. He won't give a shit. He will go out and do it, and do it worse.

The only reason for executing someone is that they have done something horrible, something that they are proud of having done, and that they would do again, given the slightest chance. The only reason for executing such a person is that society has legally agreed that they need to be gone, and the risks associated with their incarceration and possible escape or release are too large to be manageable.

If you really want to have millions of people jacking off to televised images of someone getting executed, then go for it, televise it, because I am sure you will bust the current Neilson ratings the first time you do so. There will be big problems arising from taking this step, though.

Televising it will not stop future perps doing the same... in fact, televising it just once will almost guarantee that some will want go out and do the same, in the hope of going out in the same burst of twisted, televised glory.

You have to admit, at the least, that any serious failed jihadi like Hasan would crave a public execution.