1. #1 Lefty And Noted Blender King Montel Williams Sez..... 
    Montel alarmed by anti-Muslim 'rhetoric'
    'We pulled something like this back in World War II'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: November 12, 2009
    11:35 pm Eastern

© 2009 WorldNetDaily

Television talk show host Montel Williams says he's worried the "rhetoric" about the Islamic connections of alleged Fort Hood murderer Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan could trigger a backlash against Muslims.

"We pulled something like this back in World War II when [President Roosevelt] decided to round up all Japanese Americans and put them in internment camps," he said on his show yesterday:

The statements were highlighted by Radio Equalizer blogger Brian Maloney, who asked, "Are Americans ready to declare war against all Muslims living in the U.S. based on the shooting spree at Fort Hood?"

Maloney continued, "While that may seem preposterous to most of us, to the some on the left, it's a likely scenario."

"Do they really believe this, or is it merely a political scare tactic, designed to shift blame from the accused killer to 'intolerant' Americans?" he asked.

"For his part, libtalker Montel Williams of Air America Radio was willing to take this several steps further, suggesting that this road could even lead to a second round of internment camps!

"Talk about overheated 'rhetoric,' the very issue Williams cites as a key concern," Maloney continued.

In the interview about the Fort Hood shooting last week that left 14 dead, including one unborn baby whose mother was shot and killed, Williams says: "We pulled something like this back in World War II when we decided to round up all Japanese Americans and put them in internment camps...The [anti-Muslim] rhetoric... could get out of hand. What do you think?"

Responding is Frank Farley of Temple University: "I agree totally. ... The possibilities of prejudice and racism and so on are incredible here. We should be treating this as a unique incident and look at the factors involved in this very unique and specific incident and not overgeneralize. Unfortunately, we tend to overgeneralize all the time. The idea that all Muslims are the same is ridiculous."

Surveillance video of Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan at a 7-Eleven the morning of the Fort Hood attack

Continued Williams: "Even if it comes out ... that his frame of reference was his religion and that was what was giving him the power within himself to make his stand, that doesn't mean that the religion is to blame."

Farley responded: "Absolutely, his interpretation [of Islam] may vary dramatically from [that of] his fellow Muslims."

Maloney wondered, "Hey guys, care to provide bona fide examples of Americans overreacting to this story? It occurred days ago, where are the pitchforks?"
    WND

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    I didn't even know that Montel was still around.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

i'm getting tired of hearing that there could be a backlash against muslims.
    it's been more than a week and i've seen no reports of any activity against muslims. let's get real about this.

O verly
    B oastful
    A bout
    M inor
    A ccomplishments

Haven't yall heard about all the Mosques blowing up all around the country, the streets are littered with dead Muslims. Oh my god, itís total anarchy.

Hey Montel, put down the weed and get a clue.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Big Guy View Post
    Haven't yall heard about all the Mosques blowing up all around the country, the streets are littered with dead Muslims. Oh my god, it’s total anarchy.

Hey Montel, put down the weed and get a clue.
    Flagator said the mosques were having seizures!