Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    If he's paralyzed, at least a real escape isn't possible.
    Oh contraire, an escape is still possible an inmate Named Edward Corley escaped from the Tennessee State Penitentiary several years ago. He was in a wheel chair (Paraplegic ) convinced a Nurse to sneak a gun to him and then faked an illness. He took the Nashville Fire Dept. Ambulance hostage and escaped. He didnít get far, but he did escape.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Big Guy View Post
    Oh contraire, an escape is still possible an inmate Named Edward Corley escaped from the Tennessee State Penitentiary several years ago. He was in a wheel chair (Paraplegic ) convinced a Nurse to sneak a gun to him and then faked an illness. He took the Nashville Fire Dept. Ambulance hostage and escaped. He didn’t get far, but he did escape.
    They probably have the secret service guarding Hasan.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    More Likely a couple MP's that pissed of their Commander.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson

I'm sure they have seriously enhanced security around him.

Can't say I'm sorry to hear of his condition. Them's the breaks for people like him, sometimes.

The only think that worries me a little about this is that it would be very, very convenient for the government if his condition were to take a sudden turn for the worst.

He probably was probably counting on getting popped outright and getting his 72. Must have sucked for him to wake up the most despised man in the country.
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    That means he will twitch less when we hang him!
    I say he's a tough guy and won't let anyone push him around....Oh...Wait....He won't have a choice, will he...????:D
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

I'm praying for the guy. I want to make sure he makes it to trial.

Oh contraire, an escape is still possible an inmate Named Edward Corley escaped from the Tennessee State Penitentiary several years ago. He was in a wheel chair (Paraplegic ) convinced a Nurse to sneak a gun to him and then faked an illness. He took the Nashville Fire Dept. Ambulance hostage and escaped. He didnít get far, but he did escape.
    paul newman played a quadriplegic convicted bank robber in a movie -- the name escapes me -- but his character wasn't really paralyzed at all. they had him in a nursing home, under guard, but a nurse took an interest in him and helped him escape to pull a heist.

good movie, very bad if hasan pulls a stunt like that. i hope the army brass has seen the movie. i wonder which came first, the movie or corley's real-life escape.

O verly
    B oastful
    A bout
    M inor
    A ccomplishments

Oh contraire, an escape is still possible an inmate Named Edward Corley escaped from the Tennessee State Penitentiary several years ago. He was in a wheel chair (Paraplegic ) convinced a Nurse to sneak a gun to him and then faked an illness. He took the Nashville Fire Dept. Ambulance hostage and escaped. He didn’t get far, but he did escape.
    This ought to tell you what we C.O.'s are up against. Sometimes our very own do stupid stuff like this. As for Hasan, I've been saying that if he ends up paralyzed, I'd prefer a life sentence instead of death. Let him live his remaining life having to be cared for like a punk and have women boss him around. Executing him only makes him a martyr.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Executing him only makes him a martyr.
    Right on. Same applied to Moussaoui as well. These people crave death. I heard somewhere that he wants a retrial, so he can plead guilty and then be executed.

Life in a supermax is a good punishment for them.
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.

Sonnabend
    The only think that worries me a little about this is that it would be very, very convenient for the government if his condition were to take a sudden turn for the worst.
    ..and here you are indulging in paranoid conspiracy fantasies. Been reading WND again?

Not what one would call part of the CU ethos, methinks.