Thread: The Dangerous Days of Daniel X

1. #1 The Dangerous Days of Daniel X 
    Banned
    Anyone familiar with James Patterson or know anything about this book. I just saw an add for it and it looked really interesting, but I haven't read anything by Patterson.

Premise
    Daniel X works alone. Having watched from the shadows as the brutal murder of his own parents unfolded before him, he has been forced to make his own way in a dark and unforgiving world with a heavy task handed to him. Daniel's father was an alien hunter, working his way through a fearsome 'wanted' list of aliens intent on seeking control and wreaking devastation. But as he planned his next target, his own time was running out. Following his parents' sudden deaths, Daniel faced an uncertain future: he knew little about his family nor where he came from but a few things were clear, he had inherited the list from his father and a unique ability to create anything that he needs including some very devoted friends to help him along the way. His life has become dedicated to the mission. Every day has been transformed into a terrifying hunt, watching each step he takes for danger awaits around every corner and lurks within the shadows. His ultimate aim is to exact revenge against number 1 on his list: his parents' murderer. But first he must target the others: each more sinister and gruesome than the last.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    I read the Alex Cross novels. This book is one that is for teens mostly. I haven't read any of those though. I think he has a few.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Just an FYI (and I provided a link for you, too), CW, because this is a new (series, too, I think) novel by Patterson & his co-author of many other titles, some dude named Ledwidge, for a younger readership. His "teen" series, Maximum Ride, appealed to a lot of his adult fans as well.

Here's the bn.com link, with some "customer" reviews as well, not just the publisher ones:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The...?cds2Pid=16448
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature