Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Witch accidentally stabs herself in cemetery ritual 
    Woman accidentally stabs herself in cemetery ritual

A Boone County woman accidentally stabbed herself in the foot with a 36-inch sword used in a Wiccan ceremony in a Lebanon cemetery, police said.

According to a Lebanon Police Department news release, Katherine Gunther, 36, was performing a Wiccan "ceremony of thanks" in Oak Hill Cemetery around 12:15 a.m. Saturday when she ran the blade through her left foot. She said in an interview Monday that she'd had a run of good luck recently and wanted to give thanks with the rite.

Gunther said she was aiming to put a sword in the ground when it accidentally hit her foot.

"It wasn't the first time I performed the ritual, but it was the first time I put a sword through my foot," she said.

Link
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Those Wicca people irritate the heck out of me. (sorry, Noonwitch) So, I find this hilarious.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Those Wicca people irritate the heck out of me. (sorry, Noonwitch) So, I find this hilarious.
    Really! Why can't they just stick with making cheap furniture for Pier One and leave the sword rituals to those with more experience.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Really! Why can't they just stick with making cheap furniture for Pier One and leave the sword rituals to those with more experience.
    Sounds like she would make a good Samurai !

Power CUer
    So much for the run of good luck. Maybe the next time, she can give the gods a tasteful decorative planter. :)

Have you seen some of these Wiccans? I have seen quite a few at writer's conventions (they love the sci/fantasy/horror cons) and in my store at work...most of them are, well...how can I say this? Let's just say they shouldn't be handling a big ol' sword...lucky she didn't lop off a limb, the loony dumbass...
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
    Have you seen some of these Wiccans? I have seen quite a few at writer's conventions (they love the sci/fantasy/horror cons) and in my store at work...most of them are, well...how can I say this? Let's just say they shouldn't be handling a big ol' sword...lucky she didn't lop off a limb, the loony dumbass...
    One of the Code Pink wackos is a wiccan .She looks like an ancient New York city bag lady.Don't spend much time with them in confined quarters one of their beliefs is seldom bathing .It dampens the spirit !

The title is now fixed to make it more amusing to me. :)

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
    most of them are, well...how can I say this?
    Here, let me. Most of them are horribly fat and repulsive. Is that what you were going for?:p
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Vepr
    I think this is an important lesson for everyone.... this is what happens when you give a woman a weapon. Let them out of the kitchen with anything other than a paring knife and....

(Runs and hides) :D