1. #1 Chicago and The Doobie Brothers 
    these guys gotta be about a million years old by now...

So not quite sure what to expect, but we have front row seats tomorrow at Dodge Theatre...

Did someone move the furniture around or something??:D

Hey... I know I had 490,285 posts from before... I DEMAND my post count be restored.... pretty please...

Quote Originally Posted by stevem View Post
    these guys gotta be about a million years old by now...

So not quite sure what to expect, but we have front row seats tomorrow at Dodge Theatre...

Did someone move the furniture around or something??:D

Hey... I know I had 490,285 posts from before... I DEMAND my post count be restored.... pretty please...
    They must be about a million and ten years old. :D They had a concert in Maui about 10 years ago and stayed in the same hotel as a group from my company were staying. Rode in the elevator with them a couple times and saw their motorcycles parked outside the hotel.

They looked very old, but still had the long hair and wore leather pants all the time---even during the day. A couple of them were wearing bandanas. They looked VERY old, like the old saying, "rode hard and put away wet".

But their music still sounded good. Couldn't get a ticket, sold-out, but was able to sneak in and listen to one of their practice sessions.

Enjoy, I'm jealous. :)

noonwitch
    I saw the Doobies in 2006-it was good, but I went for free. Michael McDonald doesn't sing with them anymore, but the band itself still rocks. I think a couple of the guys in the lineup I saw were from the Blues Brothers' band, like Donald "Duck" Dunn.

Chicago is one of those bands I liked when I was in high school, but I went to college and discovered Prince and New Wave music. I used to play Chicago tunes on my violin.

As long as they stick to the hits and haven't written anything new and experimental it should be a great night.

Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    the old saying, "rode hard and put away wet".
    I was always curious about the origins of that saying. Unfortunately google wasn't very helpful. At least, I stopped when I got to "Lesbian Cowboy Erotica." I'm guessing it has something to do with horses, but I'm not sure what the "put away wet" part has to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    I was always curious about the origins of that saying. Unfortunately google wasn't very helpful. At least, I stopped when I got to "Lesbian Cowboy Erotica." I'm guessing it has something to do with horses, but I'm not sure what the "put away wet" part has to do with it.
    Don't know either. The origin of some of these old folks sayings is intriguing. :D

It was a very good concernt and no, none of them were in wheel chairs... yet.

Dobbie Brothers did an hour plus of their hits and then Chicago took the stage and did an hour of theirs. Then I thought the best part was that they then both went on stage as a 15 (?) member combined group and alternated between DB hits and Chicago stuff.

We have no gone to a lot of concerts the last couple years... but both the wife and I thought this was certainly one of the better ones we have seen. I guess they are doing a tour together and last night was their kickoff concert. They are going to Southern CA next and playing several venus and I remember they are going to be up at Red Rocks (CO) soon and various places around the country over the next couple months.